PDA

View Full Version : Logbook on iphone

irishpilot1990
30th Jul 2010, 20:55
anyone got any free app or programme, which maybe downloads direct to iphone or links with a calendar on the iphone. Pretty sure there must be free software that will link with crewdock etc to get your roster and sync with iphone without paying 50 euros a year.
thanks in advance!

Denti
30th Jul 2010, 21:17
Logten Pro can do that for a number of crewscheduling solutions, dunno if crewdock is among them.

Sinbad_633
30th Jul 2010, 21:55
I use roster2outlook to get my monthly roster into my iphone calendar.

http://www.roster2outlook.com/

Then for my logbook I use pilotlog. This costs £50 a year but that is for storing your logbook on their server rather than for the iphone app. They will give you a free trial though so you can see if you like it.

PilotLog - the online log book program for professional pilots (http://www.pilotlog.co.uk/index.php?full)

I can't recommend either highly enough.

Luke SkyToddler
31st Jul 2010, 20:17
I use an iphone program called "Flogger" it's a one off purchase of $US10 and it does all those things the subscription programs do, it's highly customizable, dead easy to use and it auto syncs your logbook with Google Docs as a spreadsheet format. Much better than pilot log because 1) Google docs is completely free and 2) because one would assume the chances of a small company like pilotlog going bust and taking down their servers 20 years into the future, is slightly higher than Google's.

The fully paid version of Logten will also email you your logbook as a .csv format, so as long as you have a hotmail account you can also keep your logbook safely stored online for free. 50 quid a year to store a few kb's of data is really a scandalous ripoff, I can't understand why anyone would pay it in this day and age.

I have a highly elaborate system of syncing my roster it's called "print it out every time I leave work, and stick it to the fridge door", I get way too many last minute roster changes to be bothered to update my iphone calendar every time.