PDA

View Full Version : Mil hours for ATPL

Flying1966
29th Jul 2010, 17:10
Hi,

Do our mil flying hours count towards an ATPL/CPL etc if we dont do the bridging package?

Any word on if the bridging package is changing?

Ta

BEagle
29th Jul 2010, 17:44
1. Yes.
2. I doubt it.
3. If you haven't done so already, download LASORS and all will be revealed!

Flying1966
29th Jul 2010, 18:24
Thanks BEagle, ive got the latest copy which i am currently decoding!

Can Mil hours count towards night rating etc?

I was led to beleive than any time i did say on a Turbo Prob or Jet wouldnt count as they are not civi registered?

Ta

Runaway Gun
29th Jul 2010, 18:44
Beagle, despite reading this same query nearly fifty times over the last five years, I'm still going to repeat this when it's my time ;)

Spiro
29th Jul 2010, 20:58
Hi there

The basic requirements are here

Bristol.gs (http://www.bristolgroundschool.eu/groundschool/licence_uk_military_pilots.aspx)

For greater detail, as beagles said, Lasors is the bible;)

BEagle
30th Jul 2010, 07:20
Military flight time may count towards the Night Qualification (it's no longer a 'Rating') if you have logbook evidence of the equivalent flight training requirements. See LASORS E4.

Thanks to the 'Janet and John do Flying' changes of recent years, a pilot arrived at a multi-pilot aeroplane OCU from Learning Command without having actually flown solo at night, let alone a night cross-country...:rolleyes: As we all did back in JP days.

He then went on to fly multi-pilot aeroplanes for the rest of his career, before PVR'ing. When he wanted his licence, he had to requalify on the PA28 and fly a solo night navex..:rolleyes:

Although 'hours' always count - it's specific hours in specific categories of aircraft which matter for licensing purposes. The fact that an aircraft may not be on the civil register is irrelevant - although LASORS D3.3 lists specific types for which greater exemptions are available.

Incidentally, fast jet QFIs should note that 'back seat' time is not considered to be 'multi-pilot' time - that can only be gained on an aircraft for which the military requires a 2 pilot crew.

Also, you can use taxy time allowance for some purposes, but not towards qualifying for LASORS D3.3 'experienced QSP' exemptions.

BANANASBANANAS
30th Jul 2010, 08:46
Gee it's got complicated since I left almost 20 years ago. A quick letter to CAA. Nice man from CAA wrote back saying I needed Type Tech exam, Air Law, Loading and VP Props (never did understand why I needed the last 2), an I/R (kindly arranged on one of HM aeroplanes with CAAFU examiner jumpseating) and an 1179 - again on one of HM aeroplanes with QFI mate given one off approval to conduct the 'test.'

Then it was just a case of writing the cheque and checking the post every morning for the next 10 days for a green book in a brown envelope.

And then I spent 2 years trying to get my first job with an airline - but thats another story!