PDA

View Full Version : Air Pioneer job opportunity?

Ipecac
22nd Jul 2010, 09:45
Does anyone know anything about Air Pioneer? Who they are, what and where they fly etc? There's a job advertised on AFAP but they don't seem to have a website to check out.

Cheers

Track5milefinal
22nd Jul 2010, 10:07
Boy or Girl?

:D:D:D

werbil
22nd Jul 2010, 10:20
Based at Mackay in Queensland. Instructing and charter.

Ipecac
22nd Jul 2010, 11:17
yip that's what the ad says, but does anyone know them? How long they've been operating, what they're like to work for?

Jethro Gibbs
22nd Jul 2010, 12:08
from what i have seen all theses pilot jobs are a scam to have you work for free.

PropDuster
22nd Jul 2010, 12:20
You could do worse for your first job.

http://www.pprune.org/dg-p-general-aviation-questions/153996-congratulations-mike-jones-20-000-hours.html

prop :ok:

Capt Fathom
22nd Jul 2010, 12:22
Based at Mackay in Queensland. Instructing and charter.

And if you do your research, you'll find they have been operating there for a very long time!

Surprised they have to advertise! Usually plenty of people passing through that get a gig!

PS... I see Bob Harris is also advertising! Doesn't anyone drive north anymore?

Ipecac
23rd Jul 2010, 01:10
@Jethro,

Do you have any evidence to back that up or are you just stirring the pot and spouting a whole lot of stuff and nonsense?

Honestly, if I was to believe everything that's written on this website then the entire aviation industry is just one big con to separate suckers from their money.

And thanks Propduster for the handy link, guy sounds pretty awesome :ok:

rioncentu
23rd Jul 2010, 02:27
Yes to back up Propduster's comments there isn't much knowledge about aviation that Mike wouldn't have and be able to impart to a new recruit.

Horatio Leafblower
23rd Jul 2010, 03:40
I've done a couple of renewals with Mike - several years apart.

Great ATO, great bloke. :ok::ok:

Fly-by-Desire
23rd Jul 2010, 03:53
from what i have seen all theses pilot jobs are a scam to have you work for free.

Dont listen to this clueless idiot thats for sure, what a great oppotunity!

afoley
23rd Sep 2011, 05:55
I started my craft back in 1975. I was 15 years old and started to fly with Mike Jones in Mackay, Queensland, Australia. I was 18 years old with a brand new Commercial Pilots Licence. Although he, required Instructors, Mike, gave me a job, with the condition that I obtain an Instructors Rating within one year but he would pay $1500 toward my training. (Lot of money in thoes days!)

Many skills were learnt from Mike, also a LAME. I spent many hours in the bush landing on anything from short cattle strips to beaches and International Airports.

That was my start to aviation, I progressed to Instrument Rating then TAA / Australian Airlines.

I am now an expatriate living in Singapore. I have lived here for 22 years, married to a Singaporean, with one daughter.

I am now flying an A330 with Singapore Airlines as a Check and Training Captain. Since I left Aurtralia, I started flying with Tradewinds/SilkAir B737, Singapore Flying College LR45, Singapore Airlines B777.200/300/200ER/300ER, B47.400, B777 and A330.300. I have flown all over the world. Recently, I also clocked 20,000 hours.

I am still trying to learn my craft but I was helped well along the way by a Mr. Mike Jones.

Andrew.

layingback
25th Sep 2011, 06:53
Hey I could not agree more with afoley. I have some flying time with mike for IFR renewals and would have jumped at the chance to work for him. Will be a loss to the industry when he stops doing his thing.:ok::ok:

rioncentu
25th Sep 2011, 08:31
Yes there'd be a lot of pilots flying now who've been to Mike over the years.

Nice guy. Can't be far off retirement you'd have to think though now!!

mattyj
25th Sep 2011, 18:39
He's got a street named after him at Mackay airport :D

Mafortion
26th Sep 2011, 03:45
I did a few flights up to and including my CPL flight test with him back in 08.
Great bloke and really knows his stuff!