PDA

View Full Version : Napier EIT aviation course

bryanc
22nd Jul 2010, 07:12
G'day all, I'm presently in Napier and currently am thinking of of doing the aviation course EIT have there. Has anyone done this course and if so any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers

Sqwark2000
22nd Jul 2010, 07:44
Hi Bryan,

Haven't done the course but did work there for a short time in year 2/3 of their first course.

Overall, the objectives and end result of your 3 yr diploma is pretty respectable compared to other 12mth diploma's and Massey's 3yr degree course.

A heap load more practical time and practical qualifications for around the same cost.

Can't comment on today's product quality but it has in the past been very good.

Good Luck

S2K

bryanc
22nd Jul 2010, 09:03
thanks S2K, from what I've heard it's seems like a good course but thought I'd throw it out to those that would know

DeltaT
24th Jul 2010, 22:59
How much multi time are you going to get doing the course now that Bridge Pa doesn't have the main Ambulance contracts?

Do airlines really give a toss about extra qualifications over and above your pilots licence? (the answer is no if you haven't investigated)

Could you go and get a job and start earning money quicker if you just did the licence course only and not the EIT part which strings it out timewise?

Should you even bother investing money in such a precarious profession in the first place?

BurntheBlue
25th Jul 2010, 02:16
Do airlines really give a toss about extra qualifications over and above your pilots licence? (the answer is no if you haven't investigated)
Kind of right in that your experience is first and foremost in this game but the answer is actually yes, they do. Plenty of pilots are getting schooled up for that reason, looking for a piece of paper stamped and embossed by some Uni to add clout to their CV. Airlines all over the place are looking for either UE or a diploma before they even look at you. Im unsure as to whether AirNZ have gone that way yet but it has def been in the works, no question.

DeltaT
25th Jul 2010, 07:52
Interesting, low posting Profiles being used, work for EIT do you?

I can tell you from first hand experience that airlines do not give a monkies about other qualifications and thats world wide. You are far better off using that time stuck in the classroom getting out there and getting hours, that is if you are going to pursue flying.

1000hrs and Degree, vs several 1000, capt time, turbo time (which is where you could be if you hadn't spent the time in the classroom), which would you choose to employ? You think because of a Degree they are going to get you to do other nice stuff in the office and are therefore more employable?:=

BurntheBlue
25th Jul 2010, 09:07
work for EIT do you?
Probably should, the pay would be better :}

Sqwark2000
26th Jul 2010, 05:22
When I refered to " more practical qualifications" I mean't more than just the basic CPL/MEIR and maybe a C-cat.

When I was there, they were targeting about 700 logbook hours incl 100 ATO, ATPL subjects and Multi B-Cat rating....

Not sure what the current programme is but it's bound to be more than just a CPL/MEIR.... that's all you get from Massey for their 3yrs...

S2K