PDA

View Full Version : Not Everyone Hates Living At Essendon

notmyC150v2
20th Jul 2010, 23:52
This from today's Brisbane Times on the fate of the Darryl (Tell him he's dreaming) Kerrigan house.

House Used In Movie The Castle Goes Up For Sale (http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/national/cessnas-aside-hows-the-serenity-20100721-10k03.html?autostart=1)

How's the serenity indeed...

AirBumps
21st Jul 2010, 00:41
valued at $600,000 they reckon!! I think they are dream'n!

VH-XXX
21st Jul 2010, 00:56
You are obviously not up to date with Melbourne land and property prices!

It's capable of fitting 3 units, so that puts it at a minimum of 600+sqm. Big $$$$ for that sized realestate in that area. A little down the road in Strathmore a 650-700sqm block sells for around $1m.

This one has airport views. A few pilots could move in, jump the fence and walk to work (with ASIC on display of course) so it's gotta be worth that!

AirBumps
21st Jul 2010, 01:10
You are obviously not up to date with Melbourne land and property prices!

True.

This one has airport views. A few pilots could move in, jump the fence and walk to work (with ASIC on display of course) so it's gotta be worth that!

You think the airport would install the appropriate security gate directly into the back yard?

VH-XXX
21st Jul 2010, 02:00
You think the airport would install the appropriate security gate directly into the back yard?

Um, nope. Sorry, I'll use the sarcasm emoticon next time :O

AirBumps
21st Jul 2010, 02:05
You think the airport would install the appropriate security gate directly into the back yard? Um, nope. Sorry, I'll use the sarcasm emoticon next time http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/embarass.gif

Obviously my sarcasm wasn't noted either :O

Wally Mk2
21st Jul 2010, 05:06
One of my all time fav movies:-) I see this house almost daily whilst I 'travel' to work (the skies) & often think how Aussie it was.:ok:
As for the value of the place?...............well "would you like me to point out the features as we go along ?":ok:

Ah the smell of two stroke in the mornin'.....or should that be burnt kero?:)
Ya gotta hate those Cessna's that make all the noise & those RFDS planes sheeeez you would think sick people would only get sick during business hrs:E

The close EN airport fools could rent it for their headquarters:ugh:

Wmk2...........I'm dreamin' :-)

NOSIGN
21st Jul 2010, 10:30
Haha let's collaboratively buy it to have a PPRUNE bash in each year!.. or more frequently:}

:ok: