PDA

View Full Version : I need a Big help

unlicensed
19th Jul 2010, 18:53
hello

i'm an A320 rated captain on a military .i hold 3000 total hours , 1200 commanding

but i don't have a neither PPL nor CPL or ATPL as i'm a military.

out standard is yearly checked by central flying school for royal air force (RAF)

soon i would like to leave the military as the situation is deteriorating here. however before this i would make sure to hold a licensed . i'm not familiar with the licensing system.

with my experience has anybody got any idea if i could be exempted from PPL and directly go for a less modules ATPL.

has anybody got a better idea.

thank you all

Torque Tonight
19th Jul 2010, 22:29
Unlicensed,

From your post above, for several reasons, I don't believe that you are in the Royal Air Force and checked by CFS. Perhaps you are in another country's air force and something was lost in translation. If you could give more details regarding you current post then I might be able to assist, but at the moment I wonder if you are a journo or someone else up to no good.

Duffer2007
19th Jul 2010, 23:31
Have to agree with the above post

Nearly There
19th Jul 2010, 23:40
All the military guys I know are quite clued up on the civi side, future plans and all that...maybe you should ask one of your colleagues.

Lafyar Cokov
20th Jul 2010, 00:32
Which Squadron of RAF A320s are you on exactly - I know that defence is a fluid subject - I just can't remember where the RAF A320s fly from - and I've also forgotten what role that is. God I've lost my memory completely here!

welliewanger
20th Jul 2010, 06:00
If you're in a JAA state, then there's a section in LASORS which will give you all the info you need. The conversion doesn't take long. Elsewhere I haven't a clue where to look.

Groundloop
20th Jul 2010, 08:15
Some of you people are rather pathetic! He did not say he flew A320's in the RAF - he said he flew A320's and was checked by RAF instructors (or possibly ex RAF CFI's).

My bet is he flies A320's for the Omani Air Force who have very strong ties with the RAF.

Nearly There
20th Jul 2010, 08:59
He is UK based though...still stand by my earlier post.

Spit-Fire
20th Jul 2010, 12:28
Hilarious.

unlicensed
25th Jul 2010, 04:41
Dear

thnk you for the post . i'm flying with the royal air force of oman.

and all what i mentioned is true.
i need a help to do my ATPL with shortcuts and exemption for my experiences

unlicensed
25th Jul 2010, 04:43
www groundloop it is a BULLs Eye .. direct hit man

yes i'm as Groundloop mentioned

any help gentlemen

Farrell
25th Jul 2010, 07:59
unlicensed

Check your Private Messages if you have not already.
I have laid out some information for you there.

Farrell

To add to this, as our esteemed colleague is now on the A320, he more than likely spent many years flying RAFO's beautifully maintained BAC 1-11s.

I had the pleasure of a flightdeck visit in Salalah, where the panel looked like new having just come back from, I think Bournemouth?

F

unlicensed
25th Jul 2010, 12:30
Dear

Farrell
The Cooler King

i flew bac1-11 for 2 years. sadly they face-off bac1-11 recently and yes it used to maintained in bournemouth . i had the honor to fly the bac 1-11 and really (old is gold). when was the flight you flew from salalah?

about my enquiries for the ATPL i sent Alex Whittingham and hopefully he will come back to us with something helpful.

please if i happened and you got more info about my inquiry,advice

Lightning Mate
25th Jul 2010, 12:31
unlicensed

I am afraid you will have to do all the JAA groundschool exams, the CPL skills test, and the IR.

You may be exempted from some parts of the skills test.

However, with your experience, none of the flying stuff should be any trouble to you, apart from having to work in the UK environment. :ok:

unlicensed
25th Jul 2010, 12:44
would you please elaborate more on your answer.

thanks

Farrell
25th Jul 2010, 13:45
Unlicensed

Have you gone and chatted with some of the ex-RAFO guys who are flying with Oman Air?
Shk Al Koora used to fly Hercules with RAFO and is now fleet manager on the ATR - he's a very nice man and very approachable.

Also, anyone from the training department over there would be very happy to talk with you.

Farrell

unlicensed
25th Jul 2010, 14:02
thanx dear

i will contact them ,, i'm sure they would help

thanks alot