PDA

View Full Version : Tibooburra wheels up

kimwestt
19th Jul 2010, 05:51
Anyone heard anyting on the rumour of a PA31 wheels up at Tibooburra?
Family hotel lookin good fer a nite or two!!!:ooh:

Horatio Leafblower
19th Jul 2010, 06:41
Not another Heron I hope? :uhoh:

Wallsofchina
19th Jul 2010, 08:52
Anyone remember the old strip with the "Cars keep left" sign?

Worrals in the wilds
19th Jul 2010, 10:48
Blatent drift, but does Peter P still run the Family?

The Truckie
19th Jul 2010, 11:27
If it was an Airtex PA31, they are starting to leave plane ornaments all over the place!

apache
19th Jul 2010, 11:29
poor form there truckie!

Desert Flower
19th Jul 2010, 12:24
Anyone heard anyting on the rumour of a PA31 wheels up at Tibooburra?

Hmmm - wondered why the strip was closed for a while there yesterday!

Anyone remember the old strip with the "Cars keep left" sign?

I can remember my uncle (who used to own a store there back in the 1950's) driving across the strip to get to the main road & checking to see if there were any aircraft on finals before doing so!

DF.

BULLDOG 248
19th Jul 2010, 13:13
Anyone know what rego???? I have to go there next week, so I suppose it will still be there.

kimwestt
20th Jul 2010, 06:35
Yep - Another H---n !!!
"Rumour" has it that the ex CP of A----x was at the wheel.

Rose_Thorns
26th Jul 2010, 12:27
Peaches - 'Bugga, the scratches in the runway show that he landed normally and the nose gear collapsed!'.

Cream - 'Nah, hang on a minute, the boss wants that we can get this to show that the PIC was at fault". (Pause for effect) "See here, if we use Vref + 15 (wind factor) and the CASA factor on temperature deviation, we can stuff up (under the CASA typo errors rules) a few knots and prove that this was not only a stuffed up landing but, one done at, oh say 25 knots to fast and he did not use a check list. (Thinks) "Better I tell the little pot".

The landscape from here is is reckless and negligent.

Little pot - " Well boys that's great, stuff the mechanical failure aspect, this is a great win for air safety, CASA (and me). OK, go and have a cuppa, let me consult with a much, much higher authority.

Pot calls Windbag. 'Pot calling Windbag, Pot calling Windbag, over,;.

Windbag - "Go ahead little pot'.

"Got beuty for you, some 6000 hour boof head just pranged (wait for it), (pregnat pause) an Avtex aircraft. We can really make it into something, (sotto voce) if you want, ahh! you know".

Windbag - 'Do not worry about the proof too much little Pot, we are on a roll, and the dude has a history which I can wiggle around to suit. Go for it'. Go team. (yawn) etc.

Windbag calling Worthless. etc. (Techtonic delay - due labotomy).

'Worthless here, go ahead Oh great one'.
Windbag - 'There is a little job I want done, you know, the Tiboobrurra one'.

Worthlhess - "Can I get Ronald, the ex McDonalds boy to help with the dubios details?".

Windbag - "Sure mate, use whatever dubious means you can, but little pot needs a win, so, just keep me in the loop de loop". (Executive joke there Joyce).

Gotta love modern technology. Just when YOU thought YOU were safe

Tailwinds.http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/smile.gif

Wallsofchina
26th Jul 2010, 20:45
So this is why they don't produce the Aviation Safety Digest any more.
Too many loose ends to cover.