PDA

View Full Version : Music to the ears.

22clipper
17th Jul 2010, 02:26
I had a mate years ago whose business was honey. He had a little yellow & black R22 & tried real hard to get the rego VH-BEE. I've always thought 'flight of the bumble bee' would be a good signature tune for the R22.
At the other end of the scale I went for a run in an acquaintance's AS135 yesterday. The Squirrel, like all turbines, hums to itself as it motors along. Except that with the Eurocopoter the melody is more of a Gregorian Chant, a deep and serious tune.
What's your RotorCraft of choice & what music do you fancy you hear when you're flying it?

snotcicles
17th Jul 2010, 02:52
A 214B at 140kts in a narrow mountain valley. There is no sweeter noise:ok:

Ascend Charlie
17th Jul 2010, 04:32
I know the owner of a Notar who painted the tailcone blue and got the rego FLY - he said he always wanted to go like a blue-arsed fly.

My personal music was in the S76B, humming "I'm just a teenage dirt-bag, baby..."

firebird_uk
17th Jul 2010, 09:18
Perhaps for us 44 pilots it should be Cheap Trick and I Want You To Want Me!

birrddog
17th Jul 2010, 13:07
A good friend of mine wrote Apocalypse Now; I'd love to fly him and another mutual friend who fought in Khe Sanh and some others in a gaggle of Hueys to the sounds of Flight of the Valkyries.

Now just to find that speaker system and the 8 track they used in the movie...

Bitmonx
17th Jul 2010, 15:24
For me the SA315B Lama has the best sound.

topendtorque
18th Jul 2010, 13:00
8 or 9 47's crackling into life within a couple of seconds of each other.

sure beats hell out of those bloody galahs a bit later at sunup.

but for me when it getting a bit torrid, it's "aeroplane jelly" between gritted teeth. or when I'm jolly and the mooies think they are getting away it's Sonny and Cher, "I've got you Babe", goes well with the display routine too.

The high speed blade whacking in the gorge used to scare hell out of the canoe dreamtime mob.

One of our drivers used to play over his tape deck and amplifier at the mooies, "Flight of the Valkyre" at full blast, used to give the ground troops a real buzz.