PDA

View Full Version : hour building towards cpl

amonty
15th Jul 2010, 17:07
Hi all just a quick one i am hour building towards the cpl and am aware that i have untill now just burnt holes in the sky. Any advice as to what i should be looking at so i can hit the cpl running.
many thanks

GearDownFlaps
15th Jul 2010, 17:19
Yeh , definately dont burn holes.
Get your nav up to scratch , no gps just good old clock, map ,ground . Including diversion planning and actioning.
Make sure your weight and balance and perf is spot on , If i was training you you would do W&B and Perf figues for every flight
Ensure your flying is accurate and within tolerances .
Make sure you are genned up on cpl knowledge stuff , ie vfr minimas , cpl holder entitelments etc etc.
PFL's if you are doing it in a single make sure these are spot on , they are a big failing point on the SE cpl.
If you know the typeof a/c you will fly it wont hurt to get to grips with the speeds and limitation opertion indication speeds etc etc.
If you are doing it on a twin get a decent mutli engine book and start genning up as there is an extra exam.
All stuff you will be taught but like you say hit it running is good .
But accurate professional flying is the key , attitude goes a long way
Good Luck

amonty
15th Jul 2010, 17:57
Thanks thats all very good advice. I like the idea of wb and p for every flight, practice makes perfect as they say. GPS back in the bag then.
Thanks all