PDA

View Full Version : Any former Bristol Aviation students? Where did you stay?

toff
15th Jul 2010, 16:43
Hi,

I have searched on here for answers to this question, but without luck.

I am wondering if any former Bristol Aviation students can recommend rooms for rent as close to the school as possible and at an affordable price? I need the accommodation from this weekend and will be without transport of my own. Unfortunately, the school's websites suggests only a couple of rooms and B&Bs in the area, which are already taken or well over my budget.

If anybody can suggest somewhere to stay, it would be really appreciated.

Thanks!

Duffer2007
15th Jul 2010, 18:02
I trained with bristol last summer/autumn but stayed in the city as I had a car.

Many people i knew wanted to stay in the city even though they had no transport as there is very little to do during the days when your not flying.

So you have two options:

Live in the City

If you would like to live in the city the bristol flyer airport bus is one pound each way for students which is pretty good. This bus drops you at the airport terminal and from there you take the silver car park bus and it will drop you at the school. Accomodation in the city can be gotten much cheaper than at the farms and b and b's near the school. Looking on gumtree is how i found my room sharing with two others. This is what i would recommend you do as the houses 'near' the airport are actually quite far to walk.

Live near the airport

If you really want to live near the airport and want to find accomodation I suggest you ring or go to the school. In the hall there is a folder wit ALL the local accomodation and their prices too. As i already mentioned some of these houses are actually quite far but hopefully you might find someone staying there training at the school who may give you a lift.

If you need anymore info i'll be glad to answer a pm.

Ian

bpcy22
22nd Jul 2010, 14:11
Have a look at Bed & Breakfasts in North Somerset, say Blagdon, Clevedon, Congresbury villages etc.

You can get to the airport in 15 - 20 minutes from there.
There are also buses to Bristol which pass the airport from Blagdon and Congresbury.

BPCY