PDA

View Full Version : The passing of Angie O'Hora, wife of Geoff.

Alison Conway
13th Jul 2010, 19:42
Gentlemen,

I ask for your indulgence; strictly speaking Angie wasn't aircrew - she worked harder than we did!

It is my sad duty to inform you of the passing of Angie, the lovely wife of Sqn Ldr Geoff O'Hora. She is released from a struggle with cancer with she bore with fortitude. Her sense of humour remained to the last, and the world is a lesser place tonight. Her funeral is to be held at Swindon Crematorium on Tuesday 20 July at 1500 hrs. Geoff would appreciate it if you would reply to me stating whether you are attending to co-ordinate numbers. He intends to make a place available after the service; at present a room with bar in RMCS Shrivenham, but this is to be confirmed. Details as and when I find out.

Those of you who know Geoff do not need to be reminded that he has two sons (Paul and Adam) and although pretty much grown still find themselves with no Mum to help with relationships. It goes without saying, I hope, that Geoff has lost his soul mate and needs reassurance that he is not alone. If you know him well, you will know his phone number - call him. Don't be shy - and if he yells at you, blame me. Now is not a time for silence. We all think that we are strong, until something like this happens. I'll take the wrap if he doesn't want to talk.

Regards,

Terry Hulmes

OmegaV6
13th Jul 2010, 20:28
Knew Angie and Geoff well and that lady just never ever gave up. My condolences and commiserations to all the family, a significant light has been prematurely extinguished.

Thoughts and prayers go with you

ksimboy
14th Jul 2010, 14:35
Have known Geoff and Angie for many years, a sad loss for the family, my thoughts are with you all.

fergineer
15th Jul 2010, 03:11
Condolences from afar......Chin up Geoff will not be there for support but will be thinking of you and the boys.

Alison Conway
20th Jul 2010, 23:23
Angie was laid to rest with due ceremony. The eulogies from Adam, Paul and Geoff were brilliant. The family O'Hora will need your support in the future. If you can spare some time, call them.

Stay strong, boys.

JliderPilot
21st Jul 2010, 17:29
My thoughts are with you all, known Geoff and family for many years

flipster
22nd Jul 2010, 06:05
My thoughts are with you Geoff, God Bless.
Flip

jete
22nd Jul 2010, 13:01
Hello Terry, I've not checked the pprune for a while and I missed the the notice you posted. Sad news to hear that Angie has passed. I do not Have Geoff's tel number, but, would like to ring and pass my condolences. [email protected] or 01225707503 . All the very best. Ralph Lawton.

Chris Hansen 747
27th Sep 2014, 23:06
Guys. I know 4 years down the line, not in touch with many ex-RAF but totally saddened by this news. If this thread is still alive, can someone please forward Geoff's details.

Cheers

Chris

07971 412453
[email protected]