PDA

View Full Version : B767 SIM/TRE for Skill Test

Bmk767
13th Jul 2010, 19:15
Hi,

In few weeks from now would need to do a Skill Test on B767 to get endorsed on my JAR while am flying now on an ICAO licence for the airline im employed for.

So will need some guidance about where do go(price and quality wise)with a Good and nice TRE(very imp this one) as well.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks.

S-Works
13th Jul 2010, 20:20
If you don't currently hold the rating on your JAR licence you will need to go to a TRTO and do an approved course and test with any allowances for previous experience taken into account. There are not many TRTOs for the 767 so you are going to need to hunt around. I would suggest starting with CTC.

Vortex Thing
14th Jul 2010, 20:58
Isn't B757/767 a common type rating? In which case may it be cheaper to try and find a B757 sim.

Oxford and Alteon down my end of the country but I would not go direct to them I would use one of the intermediaries as an individual you are likely to find them cheaper. I found a few good quotes when I had to do renew my B737 rating a few years ago.

Again a guess which I will leave you to research but can you not just use whoever does your airlines LPC/OPC and ask if they will add it for a fee or are they not a JAR TRE?

Good luck VT