PDA

View Full Version : Riyadh Flight Training

Philpaz
13th Jul 2010, 13:46
Does anyone know if its possible to finish/re-start my PPL in Saudi. I have just accepted a job in Riyadh and will not finish my PPL before I depart.
I have tried the question in the wannabes forum to no avail,

Thanks.

mutt
13th Jul 2010, 14:08
Presently the answer is no.....................

However there are two options:

1: Travel to Jeddah and fly with Rabigh Wings.
2: Wait until the Saudi Arabian Flight Academy opens, this will be located about 90 kms north of Riyadh.

If you really want to fly, you could try the Saudi Aviation Club.

I hope that you are arriving in the winter :)

Mutt

bud89
14th Jul 2010, 14:49
Mutt, do you know anything about the SAFA opening soon? I'm an FAA CFII,MEI with 500 hours of dual given. Looks to me like they're looking for FAA certified instructors?? any info you could give me on them would be great!

mutt
14th Jul 2010, 16:40
It was supposed to be 3rd quarter 2010........... but i don't know if they are still on schedule.

Mutt

bud89
14th Jul 2010, 17:10
Thanks for the quick reply Mutt. Well, i submitted a resume to their email, and also applied on learn4good.com (it's gotta be the same job unless two flight schools are opening in Riyadh!). I guess we'll just see what happens. Do you work in Saudi, care to shed any light on working conditions there? i've been there before, but it was in 1990-91, i was with a different 'company', so working conditions were slight different if you know what i mean. :)

mutt
14th Jul 2010, 18:01
Do you work in Saudi, care to shed any light on working conditions there?
There is no single answer to this question, it all depends on your employer and how they treat you. As far as SAFA are concerned, they had (have) an excellent management team and good financial backing.

Mutt

bud89
14th Jul 2010, 18:04
Ok, thanks!

Philpaz
15th Jul 2010, 12:49
Will be arriving within the next 4 weeks so I expect to suffer with the heat. I have checked out the website for SAFA but from what I understand the groundbreaking ceremony wasn't too long ago so I'm not expecting to be attending there any time soon.
I guess it will be easier to research once in country, hopefully.

Thanks Mutt.