PDA

View Full Version : Meteor Instructors

Clipped Wings
12th Jul 2010, 16:50
Hi, I am looking for some assistance from anyone who was a flying instructor on Meteor aircraft. I have an opportunity to fly a Meteor and, later in the year a T7. If it all pans out, once I have some time on type I will be instructing on the aircraft. So, here is the request: if any Meteor Instructors have any notes etc I would be most grateful for a loan of same to copy and return.

N.HEALD
12th Jul 2010, 19:38
Clipped wings, PM inbound

henry crun
12th Jul 2010, 22:20
Flatus Veteranus was an instructor on Meteors, he has not posted for quite a while but you could try a PM .

GreenKnight121
12th Jul 2010, 23:04
I have an opportunity to fly a Meteor and, later in the year a T7.

Going to work for Martin Baker are you?

Clipped Wings
13th Jul 2010, 06:31
GK, no. A short answer but a true answer. My flying opportunity - if it comes about - is elsewhere.

45-25-25
13th Jul 2010, 06:46
My former Flying Instructor was very sadly killed in a Meteor accident and he was an excellent pilot and instructor. If you do decide to fly the Meteor treat it with great respect!

Cpt_Pugwash
13th Jul 2010, 06:51
CW,
Could your opportunity involve testing WA591 from Kemble, post-restoration?
If so, all respect to the team involved and I hope the flights go well.

PW

clunckdriver
13th Jul 2010, 11:11
Sugest you get your leg muscles in shape, only managed to swap a few trips in the Meatbox by allowing a senior RAF type to fly my aircraft, but I do recall it needed a boot full of rudder with one at idle, and no, I didnt shut one down as many were doing back then.