PDA

View Full Version : licence advice

bu7aman
10th Jul 2010, 22:39
I am a co-pilot with 300hrs rotorcraft and no fixed wing hrs. I dont hold a license because I was trained in military flying school and they dont issue license. How can I get the commercial license without doing the whole commercial license course?

hueyracer
11th Jul 2010, 07:47
Get in contact with your local CAA...

If you are lucky, there are agreements between the military and the CAA-if not, you will have to sit ALL the exams again...

Anyway-you will have to sit again at least air law, as far as i remember...

Wizzard
11th Jul 2010, 11:02
Given your low flight time you don't sound like you completed your military course. Should this be the case - in my view - you probably won't get any exemptions.

If this is not the case then I apologise but your flight time seems very low to me.

skadi
11th Jul 2010, 11:41
Given your low flight time you don't sound like you completed your military course.

I finished basic military R/W training with around 180 hrs ( incl. mil-license and wings ), so he might have completed the basics.

skadi

bu7aman
11th Jul 2010, 11:45
I contacted my local CAA, there is no agreement between military and CAA. And if someone is having a foreign license, he can't convert it by himself, but only through a company which employs him.
There is no flying schools in my country, so please give recommendations about schools that use MD-500 for training or which provide a short or special course ?

Wizzard
11th Jul 2010, 11:47
I finished basic military R/W training with around 180 hrs ( incl. mil-license and wings ), so he might have completed the basics

My point exactly. Would you give exemptions from CAA exams to a pilot who has only undergone basic training!

Your military "licence" would be good for military flying only.

bu7aman
11th Jul 2010, 11:49
I finished my military basic training with 135hrs

hueyracer
11th Jul 2010, 13:41
I contacted my local CAA, there is no agreement between military and CAA.

So without specific agreements between the military and your CAA, you will get no reduction on subjects at all..

You will have to find yourself a flying school for re-sitting all subjects again-and passing the exams with your CAA.
Afterwards you will have to do your flying training-if your school is accepting your previous experience-good for you...but i doubt they will...

hihover
11th Jul 2010, 14:03
bu7

Sadly, I do not see a short-cut for you, other than the fact that most aviation authorities will credit your military flying training hours towards the grant of a licence.

Make sure you have a verifiable copy of all flying training hours you have accrued.

You should look in perhaps Saudi or UAE but I am not aware of any civilian schools there. If there are no schools there that can get you to the point of licence testing then you may have to look farther afield like the UK or the US.

Once you have an acceptable foreign licence then your own country will issue you a national licence, provided you meet all their requirements.

Good Luck, you have a journey ahead of you.

tam