PDA

View Full Version : @ QR pilots...

flaphandlemover
9th Jul 2010, 19:19
I heard a rumor, QR is planing to do foreign bases...

Any truth in that one?

kotakota
9th Jul 2010, 21:04
How will they pull off all their housing scams ?

alahaigaigai
9th Jul 2010, 22:05
Did you hear the rumor or did you...dream it ? :)

Fubaliera
9th Jul 2010, 23:26
That will never happen. Not at this airline

loc22550
10th Jul 2010, 02:40
Maybe a new method to lure and attract new joiners!:E
Eventhough i don' t really see our actual saturated 5 stars airport&infrastructure able to cope with such an increase of traffic&aircraft in the next couple of years.
College aircraft/Fighter/helicopters sharing the same busy airport doesn't help.:ugh:

alahaigaigai
10th Jul 2010, 08:21
Talking about rumors wait until September when they start spreading the one for the salary increase. Every year it starts in September and it usually dies out around May. There is always someone who saw the paper on the desk of AAB awaiting to be signed. At the end there is always someone to be blamed for not beeing signed. The HR department or the long gone BW or or or...
This is how life goes on and on here in QR.

noise of freedom
10th Jul 2010, 08:34
DON'T BELEIVE IN A SINGLE WORD THIS PEOPLE SAY!!!!

THEY SAID SALARY INCREASE....RESULT....ZERO.

THEY SAID BIDDING SYSTEM....RESULT....MAX 3 DAYS OFF WHEM CABIN CREW HAVE NO SUCH LIMITATIONS.

ALL BULLS:mad::mad::mad:

THEY SHOULD LEARN FIRST HOW TO TREAT WITH HUMAN RESOURCES!!!THEN TNINKING TO THE 5 STAR WHATEVER...

DON'T COME TO QATAR AIRWAYS UNLESS YOU ARE REALLY REALLY REALLY DESPERATE!!!

NOF

Strangeways Southpaw
10th Jul 2010, 09:30
I have close contact with Line Maintenance and Engineering at QTR and I can tell you that they are quite happy with their recent salary increase.
One Licensed Engineer who has approvals on all QTR's Airbus types showed me his letter, it detailed a total increase of 20%.

Hopefully this will also apply to the airborne fraternity

fullforward
10th Jul 2010, 12:11
Looks like this ****hole is the hell on earth...

Fubaliera
10th Jul 2010, 12:14
Unless the 777 dudes stop pounding it in at Doha, we aint gonna get crap.

shneidertrophy
10th Jul 2010, 22:25
The outside base thing has been a wet dream for many pilots around here for many years...Wont happen until our brethren more southbound start doing this, and they wont!

Comuting would mean for the airline a loss of control, for the country a loss of revenue and for the pilots too many goodies to handle!

The recruitment team uses these things as a way to lure people into joining.

Days OFF in a row
Command upgrades (fast track)
Comuting bases
Confirmed ALT
Schooling

Alll BS!:ugh::yuk:

celco
11th Jul 2010, 04:45
What are you saying they are lying to people about paying for kids schooling, please do go on.

loc22550
11th Jul 2010, 09:02
They probably tell the people that 50.000qr/year is more than enough to cover the education fees of your childrens...
It's in fact barely enough to cover one kid!(for a level of education which is probably not the highest of the world..unlike the fees!!):hmm:

md80flyer
11th Jul 2010, 15:45
Could someone comment on the company provided housing for Captains at Qatar Airways? Maybe some pictures?

Thank you.

noise of freedom
12th Jul 2010, 19:07
Housing is fuc.......Up like all the rest here!!!!
don't come unless u'r really really desperate...:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

Linerider
12th Jul 2010, 21:06
Hello. As a captain you will most likely be allocated a villa/apartment in either Ain Khalid Gate or Al Markhiya (there are a couple of other smaller compounds as well). Alternatively you can request the housing allowance and find your own accommodation.

I found some photos on the internet of Ain Khalid Gate. These aren't my photos, so I hope the owners don't mind me linking to them:

http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/static.panoramio.com/photos/original/6669315.jpg

http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/static.panoramio.com/photos/original/6669286.jpg

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_srQOdvkkeqE/R2LLfvSOAkI/AAAAAAAAAEM/5kn0I_1_jc4/IMG_2778.JPG

sandpit66
12th Jul 2010, 21:22
Any idea of the housing for FO's? I know its mandatory to stay in the company accommodation. Any links/photos would again be very much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

safelife
12th Jul 2010, 21:47
See above. It's Ain Khalid Housing.

BIGBAD
12th Jul 2010, 23:03
FO's accommodation

Holiday Villa Hotel & Residence City Centre, Doha (http://www.holidayvilladoha.com)

noise of freedom
13th Jul 2010, 05:21
Very nice pics of Ain Khalid....or ALKATRAZ!!!

Here some weak and strong points:

WEAK:over populated,maids gathering on the stairs like KERALA!!
kids screaming,noise level very high.
The units are built by people with no clue of what they did.finishing sucks.
Dogs ****ing everywhere,pool water full of bacteria,as seen on your kids skin after a bath.

STRONG::=:=:=:=

About Holidays Villa,

Looks fine but.....the security will check you out so no girls inside ,cameras everywhere and when it will be full of people it will be a mess!garanteed.
Bytheway....windows are locked,only recycled air...:ugh::ugh::ugh:

WELCOME TO QATAR AIRWAYS

sandpit66
13th Jul 2010, 06:59
Recycled Air? Jeeee-That doesn't sound too healthy to be living in! Where do most people go? The compound? Is there a gym or a weights room there?

Are you serious about security not letting guests into the compound/villas with you at night? I'm guessing its a mortal sin to go near any cabin crew then!?!

noise of freedom
13th Jul 2010, 08:08
Actually it is what they did told me when I joined...if you have sex with a cabin crew you will be punished,meaning no captain upgrade or kicked off from the country...depending on the CEO moods.

considering the building standard I reckon that recycled air here is certenly not healty.

B777p1
13th Jul 2010, 08:13
http://www.pprune.org/middle-east/417749-qr-ain-khalid-gate-dogs-owners.html

Ain Kalid Gate used to be nice, back 2008. Now it is a big mess, no repsect for eachother, many funny people around!

As far as I know QR is short of apartments again, so some of my friends got approval to move out of the compound.

Good luck!

40&80
13th Jul 2010, 08:46
The punishments were very nice at Gulf Air....:ok:...Who wants to be a Captain anyway?

777LR Driver
13th Jul 2010, 18:12
Just to give a more balanced view on accomadation:

I actually like Holiday Villa's, location is good, 15 mins from the airport. My 3 bed apartment has probably more floor space than my house in the UK, all open plan, fully furnished, flat screen in the living room and master bedroom, 3 bathrooms, seperate air con in each room. Basement carpark out of the sun, good gym, nice pool (granted you only get the sun for 3 hours - but thats enough for me), 24hr room service at discount.

As for the security, the guys are very pleasant, I know many who have had wives, girlfriends and female friends to visit/stay - no problems.

Flying longhaul I don't intend to stay days on end twidling my thumbs watching TV, I've got hobbies that get my out and about.

It is what you make of it at the end of the day. :ok:

Jeffdh17
14th Jul 2010, 00:02
Holiday Villas looks good to me!!! Then again I'm sitting in Nigeria right now, so I guess it's all relative.

Quick question. Transportation. Is it correct to assume that most people buy a car upon arrival? How does that process vary from buying one in the Europe or London? Cash only? Just curious.

Peace

blackbox69
14th Jul 2010, 08:06
you get company transportation for approx 1 week, plus some rides for the state medical and fingerprints.
most of us got a rental car until your training is finished.
as there is no tax the cars are much cheaper, gas as well. you can get a car loan pretty easy. almost all cars available, expensive german cars like porshe, cheap korean cars, jap cars, whatever u like. but for your own safety you should go for a 4 wheel drive, and make sure you have enough hourses available, you will need in the roundabouts, hahaha.

all the best!

md80flyer
19th Jul 2010, 20:43
Hi,

Can you guys give me an idea how much an A320 Captain at QR takes home per month on an average, not counting housing allowance?

Thank you.

:confused:

loc22550
20th Jul 2010, 04:30
...10.000...U$ .

Wango Z Tango
20th Jul 2010, 05:32
Don't forget the TAX...

yes the TAX, your not taxed on your income.. but you are taxed on your life and lifestyle.:ouch:

be ready to pay.. the Tax here comes at an irreversible cost.

wZt

xjpilot
20th Jul 2010, 12:47
I know this has been asked many times, I've just never actually seen it responded to, could anyone pm me (if you don't want to post in public) and give me an example or copy and paste a Sked for a typical a320 month.

One last question. Are the fo's starting in September being put at the hotel/residence or at the other "compound"?

skya320
20th Jul 2010, 15:37
xjpilot

F/O's Starting in September

It doesn't really matter when you start. So far we only have 2 compounds for F/O, Ain Khalid Gate and Holiday Villas. If you are single then you will most likely get the Holiday Villas. It's all depend on availability. Things can change until they day you join. Goodluck.

777LR Driver
21st Jul 2010, 15:30
Yes and you won't know where you'll be living until you literally step off the crew bus from the airport on the day you arrive - so don't assume just incase. ;)