PDA

View Full Version : Boeing Chief Pilot CRM!!!

puff m'call
9th Jul 2010, 12:01
Our wounderful leader of men Capt H Al H came to the "wash up" chat at the end of the training day because no proper menagement were available.

In short his speach went something like this:

Airbus pilots, tough sh1t, wrong place, wrong time!:ugh:

Boeing pilots, if you think it's bad now it's not going to get any better for along time so get used to it, if anything it will get worse!:ugh:

Rosters, we don't give anyone a commuting roster, we are not a commuting airline.:ugh:

Fatigue, there is no such thing!:ugh: Sick levels are high because lazy pilots are manipulating their rosters by calling sick for flights they don't want to do.:ugh:

We have plenty of pilots waiting in the wings so if you don't like it, just leave!:ugh:

Straight from the camels mouth.:D

So any potential new joiner to EK that's what the Boeing CP thinks about you.:

Again and again you have been told, so don't come here and start moaning!:=

pacificgypsy
9th Jul 2010, 13:32
Is this Chief Pilot Boeing Emirates or Qatar or Gulf Air?

Oakape
9th Jul 2010, 13:38
I would have thought that the abbreviation 'EK' in the second last line would have answered that question for you! If not, look it up.

Mister Warning
9th Jul 2010, 14:00
Does it make a difference? :hmm:

loc22550
9th Jul 2010, 14:21
No it doesn't...the two letters "EK" can be easily replaced by "Q.R"....same..same..:hmm:

Bidalot
9th Jul 2010, 17:38
LOL Oakape, good one......although sad but the ME still remains a **** place for all of us. :sad:

sunbird123
9th Jul 2010, 23:42
With idiot chief pilots like that clown no wonder the company is having moral problems.:mad:

Gulf News
10th Jul 2010, 05:49
For all his faults at least H Al H is a straight shooter and is brave enough to look you in the eye and tell it like it is with no bullsh*t. Sometimes not very eloquent but a lot better than the cleverly worded, condescending and often patronizing crap dished out by most of the expat management.

What would you rather hear ? Something like this:-

"We are aware of you concerns and have considered forming a committee to look into the possibility of engaging a consultant to actively monitor rosters to ensure that, in the short term, industry best practice is maintained whilst at the same time making sure that the company operating plan is not negatively affected"

At least with a guy like the CBP you know where you stand. You might not like what he is telling you but it will be the unembellished facts.

Nightfire
10th Jul 2010, 06:10
I agree with Gulf News. Don't blame the messenger, he's just passing on the facts.

sheikhmahandy
10th Jul 2010, 07:24
The answer is to just press 2 and show him your appreciation.:ugh:

a345xxx
10th Jul 2010, 08:24
I have to agree... at least he is not spewing bulls#$t!

The truth has been told and if we still take the job we only have ourselves to blame!

Straight talking management ........ :)

pacificgypsy
10th Jul 2010, 13:15
ah oak ape....I must admit to the oversight. I am familiar with EK, having worked there in the late '80's

Fuzz Lightbeer
10th Jul 2010, 13:42
If the CPB was such a "straight shooter", he wouldn't be spouting that crap about there being no problem with fatigue. These people are like a bunch of children. They make the decisions that cause a chronic crew shortage and that make recruiting difficult and they refuse to accept responsibility for the consequences. Instead they blame "lazy pilots". GMAFB

woodja51
12th Jul 2010, 00:16
This is the same pilot who's take off technique is to push up the thrust levers, flick the toga switches ( before stable or similar) .... then wait till just before rotate to grab the yoke and pull back.... no forward pressure ( a la autopilot engaged issues) or basic hotas concept....but that apparently is cool to do... this from an FO -( who was an ex 747 captain) I flew with yesterday...who by the way has over 1075 hours in the last 365 days ...so he tells me and when he asked schedulers what the limit was... crewing said " dont worry we will tell you when you have to stop'.... yeah....... right.....

But have to admire HAH for his straight shooting.... dont like it leave attitude... oh forgot that is clause 1.1.1 of the contract anyway...

But we all know that so why reiterate the obvious... as far as manning levels go.. their problem , not ours...so fly what you feel safe doing and leave the management to them...

WJA ( enjoying nice sunny day in SYD layover so WTF am I doing on this!!)

halas
12th Jul 2010, 03:54
He wouldn't know what fatigue was. A couple of flights a month, every weekend off, and cushy charters land in his lap (Bahamas last year). I am sure his ten-to-three job is stressful though.

Yes he is a straight shooter, but watch your back. He makes it his business to follow certain individuals (pilots) he does not like.

Being a straight shooter doesn't make you smart. He got the position, like the other CP's because of nationality. For those around who saw what he did to training when he was VP before quietly morphing back to CPB will know what l mean.

k'halas

halas
13th Jul 2010, 06:52
He has always been vindictive. Just ask some of those who had their command upgrade delayed, suspended, watched-over or removed by him or through his deputy.

Watch your back. I have seen him in action and it's not pretty, all the way back from when l started. And he was not even CPB then.

halas