PDA

View Full Version : Shipping/removal to Dubai

apron
7th Jul 2010, 08:19
Hi Gents,
I was after some info regarding companies that ship to Dubai. I am after a 20 foot container for th UK to Dubai fairly soon and need some guidance. Sure there is lots of companies doing it but I was after a recommend or 2 reference price and shipping time....basically any economical speedy companies!...I dont want to share a container as this can take forever.
Any info gratefully accepted :ok:

ManaAdaSystem
7th Jul 2010, 09:23
I was happy with these guys:

GAC - For shipping, logistics and marine services wherever you go. (http://www.gacworld.com/templates/gac_ContactInfo.aspx?id=39707)

apron
7th Jul 2010, 11:25
thanks I'll have a look into what they can do for me....

If anyone is moving to Dubai and wants to share a 40 foot container to reduce cost and wants to send on or about the start of August let me knoiw!!

sheikmyarse
7th Jul 2010, 11:46
Well.. I'm actually looking to share a container.... but the other way around!!!!
Start discovering......

wheel lock
7th Jul 2010, 11:59
Try "FreightWorks"

Dubaian
7th Jul 2010, 12:19
I've used GAC for personal effects DXB - KWI and later KWI-LGW.
Airfreight not a container. But can endorse them as a good outfit.

three eighty
7th Jul 2010, 12:21
Gentlemen,
On the subject of containers...
For some reason, I was under the impression that the repatriation (end of contract) package included a container home for furniture (and the big provident fund cheque) but have been unable to find this in the staff manual.
Is this the case or not?

dustyprops
8th Jul 2010, 08:12
Unfortunately the container home has been reduced to a small box now, as a result of the the incredibly small provident fund cheque.

SassyPilotsWife
9th Jul 2010, 21:21
I run a relocation biz and Pickford's is highly recommended by my clients. Also, you may try BritishExpatForum and you will see they come recommended there as well as a couple other companies I am not familiar with. Good luck :)