PDA

View Full Version : LCY - any books?

Aero Mad
6th Jul 2010, 22:36
Hi all, have just finished my first book on the history of aviation in Alderney (available online at Amaz:mad:on) and am about to start my second.

Forgive me for self-publicising (just tell me if this isn't the place), but the blurb e.t.c. is below.

Blurb
A History of Aviation in Alderney documents this previously unpublicised topic, from 1919 to the present day. Written not just to appeal to the aviation enthusiast, this book is packed with information. Highlights include in depth coverage of the Nazi occupation, as well as a chapter devoted to all major accidents and incidents near or on the island.
The book also includes analysis of the future and possible problems that could face air links to the island, including replacement of the Trislander and renewal of airport facilities. Richly illustrated throughout, the book contains both colour and black and white photographs.
Whether you are related to aviation in Alderney or just enjoy flying Joey, this book is for you – through a concise and easy to follow chronological format, you do not have to be a former pilot to read it. And with frequent mentions of Guernsey, Jersey and also Sark, it also outlines the history of aviation on the other islands.
Some of the proceeds will go to Channel Islands Air Search, a Guernsey-based charity who provide rapid response airborne search and rescue services in Channel Island waters. The service operates every day of the year in all weathers, and helps the RNLI hugely to pinpoint the location of a casualty.
About the Author
Edward Pinnegar is an aviation enthusiast and regular visitor to Alderney. A pupil at Charterhouse School in Surrey of just 14 years of age, this is his first book.

But to the point. As far as I can see, there are none, but just wanted to ask if anyone knows of any books already written on London City Airport's history, present and prospects?

twochai
7th Jul 2010, 02:12
Ed:

Your post is certainly appropriate here, IMHO.

I had some involvement with early LCY developments, about which nothing has been written for posterity, as far as I know.

Check your PM`s.