PDA

View Full Version : Unknown Gazelle in Norway

Zishelix
6th Jul 2010, 11:02
Hi all!
A friend of mine allegedly spotted a Gazelle helicopter over Kjeller,
Norway week ago. Anyone to confirm the story? Thanks in advance.

Yellow & Blue Baron
6th Jul 2010, 11:45
And my cousin's nephew said he thinks he may have seen something resembling a Bell 206 flying somewhere over Croatia in the new year ... can anyone confirm! :ugh:

Zishelix
6th Jul 2010, 13:35
I had no intenton to insult anyone, Sir. My English is not so good, I only wish to know does any Gazelle helicopter fly in Norway. Sorry once again if my question bother you.

Bladecrack
6th Jul 2010, 23:18
Zishelix,

Welcome to Rotorheads... :ok: I think what the Baron is implying is your friends' reported sighting is a bit vague, and more details such as registration markings, colour, civillian or military, type of flying it was engaged in e.g. filming etc are required to get anywhere with this one. I have no idea how common Gazelles are in Norway im afraid, maybe some of our Norwegian Rotorheads can help?

BC

Zishelix
7th Jul 2010, 06:20
Thanks, Bladecrack... I'm aware my question is vague but it's because info I got about: a friend told me he saw a Gazelle (he's a retired military pilot who, among other aircraft types, use to fly it - so I don't think he mistake) but the helicopter was fly rellatively quick & low with trees and buildings disturbing clear view so he wasn't able to see much of detail such registration marking.
He also told me it was a red star painted on its tail boom(!?)
/Hopefully this woun't spark comments like "soviet attack" etc.;)/

Cheers!