PDA

View Full Version : Airworld - How Thomas cook used to do it....and maybe should return to!

Fernanjet
5th Jul 2010, 22:13
Did anyone ever travel with Airworld.....Thomas Cook's First owned airline....

That was a level of service that used to be fantastic in comparison to the sell sell sell attitude of today!

No IFE, passengers used to talk....

A bar service, a wine service before a good standard 3 course hot meal, with hot bread rolls and cheee and biscuits. For everyone - not just those who paid an extra £15 !!!

refreshing hot towels after your meal.....

the crew smiled, chatted and spent time with you.....

so TCX has dropped IFE on it's shorthaul narrow bodied aircraft....maybe they could do a lot to go back to the way it used to be rather than try and offer the 83 differnet drinks they currently do - no wonder the crew all look like they are going to drop dead any second - they are being run into the ground trying to sell endless amounts of stuff onboard.

Come on TCX - Bring back the standards of Airworld - Fantastic!!

zfw
9th Jul 2010, 10:32
Certainly did............i was a Dispatcher here in Manchester in their first 2 seasons.
A very relaxed and professional outfit flew with them a few times on the Tuesday night staff booze run to REU, if i remember correctly there was quite a few ex-Dan Air flying for them.
They even let me take my (then}12 year old nephew for a jolly to FAO on the Flightdeck.......................

Great times

zfw