PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Flight Planning exam

Phil O'Rupp
3rd Jul 2010, 01:36
Just a quick question for anyone who has done the ATPL Flight Planning exam recently. I remember when I first looked at the subject a few years ago you were allowed to take in the ERC high and TAC charts. Now only the ERC highs are allowed - does anyone know how to get an accurate distance for the sectors near some airports where the distance is not given on the ERCs (and in a real-life situation you would use the TAC)?

AerobaticArcher
3rd Jul 2010, 01:58
In the exam, at the end of the question will be a distance for the the last waypoint on the ERC High to the destination i.e WPT - ML - 45nm

beaverlover
4th Jul 2010, 04:20
I can confirm the above, it is a non issue. It is only in some schools practice exams it is a prob.

Regrds B.L.

Phil O'Rupp
4th Jul 2010, 05:52
Thanks guys, that's good to know.

Roger Greendeck
4th Jul 2010, 10:07
Ideally the exam question will have the track and distance for any sectors not in the ERC(H) but not always. If it is not there a snappy measurement with dividers and a protractor is required. I know of an exam sat at the end of last year where the track and distance were not provided in three questions.

RogerRamjet01
6th Jul 2010, 09:34
Just did mine today. Can confirm that there may be the odd question where you need to find the distance yourself.

It is tough sucker, but definitely doable.