PDA

View Full Version : OMG!! What next?

Grimweasel
2nd Jul 2010, 21:20
Ministry of Defence | Defence News | Defence Policy and Business | First LGBT conference held in MOD Main Building (http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/DefenceNews/DefencePolicyAndBusiness/FirstLgbtConferenceHeldInModMainBuilding.htm)

I guess next we will invite adversaries from the Taliban to come and lecture us on how they intend to kill us? Where is the normal heterosexual's conference? Talk about positive discrimination? Load of utter balls...

Two's in
2nd Jul 2010, 21:51
Clearly the LBGT agenda is achieving significant inroads towards changing entrenched attitudes in the Services.

D O Guerrero
3rd Jul 2010, 08:46
"Don't get me wrong, I have no issues at all, hell I work closely with a fair few and theyre as professional and normal as the next person" (sic).

How very big of you. Gay people really need validation like that. Next you'll be telling us that some of your best friends are black?
I would agree that this is probably not the most pressing issue facing the MOD, but compared to the grotesque waste of money that is evident across large swathes of the Department, this is nothing. It cost a few quid in coffee, biscuits and travel would be my guess and must be a fraction on what the MOD spends on funding all kinds of other questionable activities. Perhaps what the majority of the posters object to is that it involves gay people and must therefore be a total waste of money and time. If you just said that, it might be a bit more honest?
Would you be saying the same thing if the conference was about ethnic minorities? Somehow I doubt it...

GOLF_BRAVO_ZULU
3rd Jul 2010, 09:18
Unchecked. I think you've just rubbed someone's sore spot. Thank you for saving me the trouble.

At a time when every penny is being squeezed out of the Defence Budget, this sort of caring sharing froth does significantly grip many of us. Whether it's sex, race, sexual polarity, culture, Faith or whatever is considered important for individuals in minorities, it inevitably diverts resources away from the day job. Remember the 3 circle leadership diagram? When times are hard, perhaps the "individual" circle should shrink a bit.

barnstormer1968
3rd Jul 2010, 09:46
Unchecked

You have discovered the reason why SOME think this type of thing is necessary.

You said:
"Don't get me wrong, I have no issues at all, hell I work closely with a fair few and theyre as professional and normal as the next person"

And there you have it in a nut shell. You clearly state you have no problem with this, so some tender type assumes you do, and not only that decides your words are wrong (a bit like Hitler's regime, and Stalin's regime did....You know, the things we fought against).

So, If you say (and it would be pretentious not to take you at your word) you have no problem, some will assume you do. If you say you have a problem, some will still assume you do!:}

Now as sexuality does not necessarily relate to anyone's work role, I can guarantee you that I could find over 500 other issues that could also be addressed in the work place, are which affect service personnels lives daily, but they will not have a conference etc all of their own.

Maybe there should be courses on 'passive aggression' which is a particularly nasty, negative and unfriendly behaviour type.

I'm sure you may have met the type. They will want you to see things their way, and to steer you via devious means or try to put you down, if you don't want to do things 'their' way.

There are even worse types though....Cowardly and lacking in substance/morals in my eyes. The type of person who is really 'passionate' about gay or black and minority ethnic people being treated as equals, but start in areas where this is already mostly achieved, rather than booking them selves on a flight to Afghanistan or some other place in need of education, where it would be harder to achieve:}

Seldomfitforpurpose
3rd Jul 2010, 10:18
Maybe we should seek funding for a white, heterosexual, well balanced, naturally cynical male only conference as with almost 36 years served the vast majority of folk I have had the pleasure of meeting fall into this category.

But that would exclude the all the females or gay , bi sexual or black, asian, oriental, etc etc folk I have had the pleasure of meeting who are also well balanced naturally cynical and thoroughly decent individuals.

The problem for those of us in the silent majority is that no matter what we say some sad tosser will always take offence at it and then insist we need "training" to cure us :rolleyes:

BEagle
3rd Jul 2010, 10:24
"Meet Bloggs - he's a gay, black AEO"
"Good grief, how utterly appalling. He's an AEO you say???"

;)

anotherthing
3rd Jul 2010, 10:35
...It cost a few quid in coffee, biscuits and travel would be my guess...
Not biscuits, but fairy cakes, surely :}

If 'minority groups' want to be treated normally (as they should be), why do they have to have special conferences... surely this only puts their heads above the parapets?

D O Guerrero
3rd Jul 2010, 11:01
Yeah, best they just keep quiet. Let's not rock the boat eh. Just fit in with what everyone else wants to see. Don't talk about yourself... ever. Don't mention your "partner" at work just in case some ignorant tosser takes offence. And don't whatever you do dream of inviting them to a social function. Stay at home and have a miserable time instead.
I think this thread is rapidly beginning to explain why some people feel that these kind of conferences are increasingly necessary. Not saying I do, but I think I can see their point.
The sad thing is, its usually the biggest closet cases that have the most grievance with it.

glad rag
3rd Jul 2010, 11:28
Nope your not getting it are you?
It's NOT the conference subject but the fact that it's being funded in these austere times when people are quite literally looking over their shoulders and wondering about their jobs.

Seldomfitforpurpose
3rd Jul 2010, 11:33
Glad,

The opening post and subsequent posts are way too subtle for the likes of D O who epitomises all that is wrong with the RAF I have known over the last 36 years :sad:

cornish-stormrider
3rd Jul 2010, 11:35
(Sorry for swearing again Wholi BUT)

For ****'s Sake!!!

What a bunch of Whiney assed pansy liberal hand wringing wussies, (not the LBGT movement or whatever their acronym is this week but the pansies who decide we need a special conference about them.)

This is the military - man the **** up or PVR (or wimmin up :E etc,)

For all those who have trouble sleeping aat night worrying about this crap - there is a war on, and a big reccession, and lots of pissed off troops everywhere who don't need more admin ****e dropped on them and here you REMF's are organising a conference for something.

If you are that concerned about this why not put a global SRO out or whatever and list all the nasty bullying offences and their punishments, then punish the racists and scumbags rather than make the rest of the service sit thru more **** that any infant with an ounce of common knows

there is also obviously the line about banter - if the victim can't hack the banter then the victim does not belong in the services!

Banter breeds character and morale and gives a very good indication of who your mates are and who you can rely on when the chips are down.

To all those sausage side I salute you, to all those back I welcome you home, to all those at QEH or Headley get well soon and to all who didn't make it back I will hoist a large one when the sun hits the yardarm,

Stand Easy and well done.

Now as to these desk driving blotter jotters..... would you like to be transferred to the Brownies?

Pontius Navigator
3rd Jul 2010, 11:48
, this is nothing. It cost a few quid in coffee, biscuits and travel would be my guess and must be a fraction on what the MOD spends on funding all kinds of other questionable activities. Perhaps what the majority of the posters object to is that it involves gay people and must therefore be a total waste of money and time. If you just said that, it might be a bit more honest?
Would you be saying the same thing if the conference was about ethnic minorities? Somehow I doubt it...

This is a very centric view point. T&S for those in outlying reaches of the MOD would not be inconsiderable.

There was a call to a meeting last year when the T&S taps was being screwed shut for all MOD Media staff. The address list had over 100 names; had all gone it would have been between 100 and 150 man days, and T&S at a conservative £150/head or around £150k say.

LGBT might cost a similar amount if people exercised their rights. Remember the conference is open to all MOD being an equal opportunity employer and all that.

Another item for cull would be dBlearning with its learning faciltiators and similar manpower and T&S costs.

flipster
3rd Jul 2010, 12:00
No-one ever organised a conference for all us short, Welsh, fat blokes - we were also a minority and were often bullied or discriminated against.
But its easy to take the banter when you feel so superior to the natives (of In-ger-land!)

Flipster:):):):ok:
Trustee of the Short Welsh Fat Blokes Association

Wholigan
3rd Jul 2010, 12:15
I'm away for a couple of days.

This is obviously a very emotive subject.

I rather hope that posters will control themselves and stay within the bounds. Please rest assured that those who do not, will soon find themselves ex-members of PPRuNe upon my return!

Sorry to be blunt, but I consider it necessary.

charliegolf
3rd Jul 2010, 12:28
Gay people really need validation like that

DO,

Why do they need any validation at all?

CG

Flipster: they did, but that was in the days when we were slim so we were discriminated against.:ok:

cornish-stormrider
3rd Jul 2010, 12:49
I thought I'd better claify my last before Wholi gives me two weeks in the cooler -

TBH - a persons sexual orientation is no business but their own as long as both parties are consenting adults. Same way apersons faith is their own business and no-one can help where they were born or the colour of their skin - even the Welshists!

But I do take issue with these things being foisted upon society in general, as I have said I have no issue BUT my faith conflicts with my views about sexual orientation - I can still live with that as I am not going to judge someone else by the rules I CHOOSE to live by.

What rather winds me up is where the PC brigade try to order my Faith to allow those of a different sexual lifestyle to have a faith based wedding - which goes very much against the teachings of my faith.

If invividual ministers and pastors wished to allow them on an individual level - thats up to them but for me I do not want that.

Now, as to those who wish to interfere so they are senn "to be doing so" just butt out, rack off, take a running jump etc.

Society has changed, for the better generally with regards race, creed and orientation etc. It does not need you to push this minority or that minority at the expense of any other - also, you will find that we are ALL a minority in one way or another and I don't remember being given a conference on what makes me a member of my minority.

Wholi - was that one any better, I think I managed a whole post that was reasonable, non profane, and quite balanced - Oh Balderdash!

Neptunus Rex
3rd Jul 2010, 14:24
D O Guerrero,

Your public profile states that you fly the B737. Did you ever serve in any of H M Forces?

Two's in
3rd Jul 2010, 14:47
Whereas I always enjoyed being a member of one of the last (legally) remaining bastions of white heterosexual male supremacy, like everything else, society moves on. If you've never been truly discriminated against, it's difficult to understand just how pervasive and damaging it can be. The Alf Garnett/Archie Bunker stereotypes are easy to deal with, as they wear their badges of bigotry proudly, but it's the bigotry of ignorance that is hard to defeat. When you truly don't comprehend how your behavior is insulting or threatening towards others simply because of their race, gender, orientation or beliefs, you are the one with the problem. Ask the family of Stephen Lawrence if they believe Britain is one big happy racially diverse family, or the parents of the teenagers who commit suicide rather than admit to being gay whether we live in a society based on acceptance.

Yes I know very well that the Forces are NOT representative of Society as a whole; but we recruit from Society and we return to Society. It makes perfect sense therefore that while serving we become familar and attuned to societal norms. When the Forces demonstrate that no bias exists because of one's sexual orientation, then we can call a halt to the odd LBGT coffee morning or two. Until then maybe we could use our excess testosterone and outrage to ensure that ALL members of our very select club our treated with the dignity and respect they deserve.

BEagle
3rd Jul 2010, 19:23
I'm away for a couple of days.

How was London, Wholi'?

;)

barnstormer1968
3rd Jul 2010, 19:43
Two's in.

Did you actually watch Alf Garnett, as I am not sure you understand the message
from the show.

Maybe I am not getting your point, but as far as the show was concerned, the
joke was at Alf for being an idiot, and not at the expense of any black people.

It was not saying whites are superior or that blacks are inferior, but rather that
Alf was out of touch and he was in the wrong.

I have just remembered something, which I found very funny
(but may upset some posters).

While on one of the Bold 'something' exercises in Germany, one of my best mates
(I am too scared to say he was of Asian origin, as this will be seen as validation by some), who was a fellow Bristolian, but had parents from India, used to dress up
as a punka wholla, by wearing old sheets, every time visiting officers would come
by the squadron location. My troop commander would say that we did not know
his name, but that he just followed us all over the world to serve tea (at this point, please note that this was my mates idea to do this, amongst many other bizarre
stunts).

To me this whole episode was massively funny, because the visitors believed the
story every time......And for no other reason:ok:.

Just to balance this up a bit. While staying at another camp in the South of
England, this same mate had been out for a few drinks late one night, and decided
he could not walk back to camp. With his beer goggles on he saw an approaching
taxi, and jumped out in front of it, saying 'oi mate take me home'

Now, for the rest of us with our normal eye sight working, it was plain to see he
had just jumped in front of an MOD black mini metro......Being driven by the
Sergeant Major:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Grimweasel
3rd Jul 2010, 22:35
My sentiments exactly Unchecked! Esp' in the light of the potential 40% savings being asked of Govt Depts this evening! (MoD will be let off with 10-20% but I fear that could be over and above any SDR savings already being muted?!)

Still Wee Jock
3rd Jul 2010, 23:12
I joined the RAF in 1976 as an air trafficker, left in 1990 and qualified as a NATs air traffic controller. I retired in 2008. I controlled the hijacked Sudanese Airbus which landed at Stansted in 1997 with over 200 people on board, and the Royal Squadron BAe146 which nearly fell out of the sky the same year because some well-documented muppet hadn't put all the parts back in the engines after a service. Believe me, that aircraft came within a whisker of being a fireball in the approach lights, and I'm still not pleased about how many years it probably took off my life.

Now I've read all this stuff about gays and conferences for LGBTS and such like and I totally agree it's not a subject worth wasting money on in the present fiscal climate because nothing's worth wasting money on when people are getting shot at in Afghanistan on a daily basis. However, I'm sick to death of 'it's against my faith, and where does it say in the Bible', and since I'm an ocean-going, fully-rigged, civil-partnered lesbian, would anyone who with hind-sight was on either of the above planes like to stick their hands up and say they would have parachuted out of them because they didn't want to be in a plane which was being saved by a dyke please do so now? Or shall we just get on with our lives in 2010? For gawd's sake, moan if you like, I'll be out of here for good, because I really can't be bothered with this anymore. Over and out.

alisoncc
4th Jul 2010, 03:37
SWJ wrote:
and since I'm an ocean-going, fully-rigged, civil-partnered lesbian, would anyone who with hind-sight was on either of the above planes like to stick their hands up and say they would have parachuted out of them because they didn't want to be in a plane which was being saved by a dyke please do so now?

As a fully-paid-up, card carrying member of the trans community for the last thirteen years I agree wholeheartedly with you that bigotry is born out of ignorance. Only by being prepared to stand up and be counted can we ever hope to change things.

Lynne Braithwaite was a Crew Chief on Vulcans, and a good friend before her untimely death. She was like me transgendered. So how many others here can expect a fly-past in their honour at their funeral?

In her memory Lynne Braithwaite had a resounding send off at Lancaster Crematorium on Friday August 22nd. As a once met never forgotten character, this lady went out in style.

As friends and guests waited for the hearse to arrive, there was a roar of jet engines and the Vulcan Bomber that Lynne had been instrumental in restoring (the only one flying in the world) flew over the chapel in Lynne's honour. Apparently the team who had worked on the Vulcan with Lynne had organised the flyby as a surprise and it had flown from Lincolnshire (some 160 miles away and must have taken some organising). It was an awesome sight and there was not a dry eye in the crowd as it flew over us. The Vulcan To the Sky Trust have written a tribute to Lynne on their website.

Seldomfitforpurpose
4th Jul 2010, 12:54
The above two posts sum up nicely why the silent majority of folk in this country are silent, it's because they live in abject fear of using the words gay, lesbian, black, immigration etc etc in any bloody context because the second they do some Muppet labels them a bigot.

If someone comes to a personal decision that, based on his/her religious teachings and understandings same sex marriages are wrong they are not bigots they are simply folk who have arrived at a personal conclusion based on their own belief.

The vast majority of the population are like me, heterosexual, and for most of us understanding about ALL sexual orientation is simplicity in it's self but the moment you voice any opinion that is not "PC" you are pilloried.

I believe that sex between a man and a women is perfectly natural and that gay/lesbian sex is not natural.

But I also understand that for gay and lesbian people gay and lesbian sex is perfectly natural whilst heterosexual sex is not, but if I dare to voice the first opinion without this clarification then I am going to be in a world of hurt with the "PC" federales.

I know that opinions are like arseholes in that everyone has one but with some incredibly intolerant and bigoted folk the moment your opinion does not match theirs they bring out the race/sex card, stamp their feet and cry foul :=

Wholigan
4th Jul 2010, 13:23
How was London, Wholi'?

Nope, not London BEags, was near Colerne at a farewell for me and a few others that have fallen foul of the age barrier on AEFs.

A good night - a major headache!

And only had to ban one person on return home!!! ;)

BEagle
4th Jul 2010, 13:55
Very sorry to learn that some ageist policy diktat has been imposed on AEF volunteers, Wholi'..... Hope the headache isn't too acute.

Why can't 'they' assess on condition rather than age?

Regarding the 'laser guided bomb' community, many of us will have our own private opinions. However, at least such people are no longer at the mercy of blackmailers and bullies threatening to expose their orientation. Which can only be A Good Thing.

WorkingHard
4th Jul 2010, 13:56
"LGBT community will be in ten years and how they will get there."
Well seeing as they cannot procreate NATURALLY who knows where they will be in ten years! Where will the white heterosexual community be in 10 years and will it also be allowed special funding?

SirPeterHardingsLovechild
4th Jul 2010, 14:47
WholiganI'm away for a couple of days.

BEagleHow was London, Wholi'?

WholiganNope, not London BEags, was near Colerne...

Heh, heh, heh

BEagle did banter about Wholi being a **:mad:**, and he didn't notice.

BEagle
4th Jul 2010, 15:56
I suspect that Wholi' might perhaps have got ever-so-slightly whammed last night and that, as a result, his banter detector might not have been at its most sensitive setting today.....:)

barnstormer1968
4th Jul 2010, 16:50
Alisoncc

You said:

and since I'm an ocean-going, fully-rigged, civil-partnered lesbian, would anyone who with hind-sight was on either of the above planes like to stick their hands up and say they would have parachuted out of them because they didn't want to be in a plane which was being saved by a dyke please do so now?

Now, if you do go to one of these conferences, please don't use that word or you will be thrown out for using abusive language, and will be deemed to have been offensive to yourself.:}

You do make a good point though, which is just as funny as the died in the wool racists who seem to become 'normal humans' for the duration of any life saving medical care received from non whites:}

Biggus
4th Jul 2010, 17:10
My biggest objection would be to the concept that the two aircraft in question were "saved" by an air trafficer - whatever their sexual orientation might happen to be!!!

JTIDS
4th Jul 2010, 17:19
I don't get why your all so bother about the Laser Guided Bombs Tactics meeting... holding it at the MOD seems to make perfect sense to me.

(In a bit of a hurry so didn't have time to read the full article. Anything interesting in it?)

Flying Serpent
4th Jul 2010, 18:55
Openly gay guy I used to work with went to a couple of gay pride and lgbt marches last year. He was deeply scathing of them saying that in his opinion they did little to further the sexuality awareness campaigns. In fact he always said that they just seemed like an excuse for an orgy. Then again he was/is a fairly straight sort of gay guy with a long term civil partner. He'd tell you that his sexuality was a personal issue but no big deal...nothing to hide but nothing to broadcast either and certainly not worthy of spending government money on a private matter. Nice bloke.

Serpent

..and no....it's not me.

Union Jack
4th Jul 2010, 19:15
.....since I'm an ocean-going, fully-rigged, civil-partnered lesbian ....

..... called Still Wee Jock?:confused:

Jack

aka Jock but none of the above other than ocean-going ......:ok:

Wholigan
4th Jul 2010, 19:42
Sorry folks - as BEagle says, I was somewhat tired and emotional and thus did not notice the banter warning flag!

Hangover now delayed until tomorrow as just got back from an afternoon BBQ session in the village.

BEagle
4th Jul 2010, 20:03
just got back from an afternoon BBQ session in the village

Did that involve anything made from wicker, Wholi'? And are there still the same number of people living in the village as there were yesterday?

"For the greater good......!"

:ooh:

barnstormer1968
4th Jul 2010, 21:37
Beags, you are nearly on form there.......But surely there would be the same amount of folks in the village today, as there was one that could not be found until Wholigan got there.

That said, maybe wholi is tired and emotional after meeting the very attractive and often naked girl who lived above the pub.

Still Wee Jock
6th Jul 2010, 15:11
Union Jack, I'm a Scot, I'm a Jock AND a dyke. :ok:

Pontius Navigator
6th Jul 2010, 15:38
SWJ, red head?

Still Wee Jock
6th Jul 2010, 16:49
Nope, bottle blonde!

Seldomfitforpurpose - I raise my head above the parapet once in a blue moon, I can't be bothered with the howling PC brigade any more than you can, and if you met me you'd never know I was a lesbian unless you met my gorgeous, tall, blonde missus. Not all gays/lesbians/don't knows will play the PC card at the drop of a bar of soap/pair of frilly knickers anymore than all scout masters and Catholic priests are paedophiles. All of our friends are heterosexual, I certainly don't find their relationships abnormal. We just get on with our lives, but every so often, just as you hate being labelled a bigot, I get fed up being labelled abnormal in a world that already has far too many labels in it.

Barnstormer1968 - trust me, they wouldn't just throw me out of their pathetic conference for calling myself a dyke, they'd have thrown me out for the haranguing I'd have given them for wasting bloody money. However that's all theory because I wouldn't have attended it in the first place, can't be bothered with all that crap.

Biggus - just this once I'll bite, the pilots of the BA146 got the Air Force Cross, I got a crumpled photocopy of the letter they sent to the Manager ATS which said "thank you for helping to save our lives, we were fast running out of engines and ideas." It was the worst emergency I ever experienced, several times I thought they'd had it, and I was never more relieved to hear that an aircraft was on the ground. Went home and got wasted.

Pontious - were you at Leuchars at some point.?

Pontius Navigator
6th Jul 2010, 18:05
Pontious - were you at Leuchars at some point.?

Aye, an unforgettable dark and stormy (ok no storm) night when we hijacked an RAF Police paddy waggon, complete with a number of SLR, during a Taceval. Only snag was we could not switch off the blue light so every barrier we came to was raised. When we got as far as the village and called it a day.

We then had an enjoyable night in the Scores Hotel - £7.50 b&b. My room was so large I couldn't see the bed and thought it was a TV room.

Sadly it was before the B-word became CO.

That once was enough.

Still Wee Jock
6th Jul 2010, 19:43
Eek, the B word. Was also at Coningsby, Laarbruch and Cranwell.

BEagle
6th Jul 2010, 20:05
That said, maybe wholi is tired and emotional after meeting the very attractive and often naked girl who lived above the pub.

Nope, bottle blonde!

2010-1973=37; 51-37=14.....no, too young to have been Britt Ekland's body double in that Scottish pub, I guess....:ooh:

Pontious, surely it was £7/10/- back then?

Pontius Navigator
6th Jul 2010, 20:26
Nice try but IIRC we had gone decimal by 1982.

BEagle
6th Jul 2010, 20:46
It was 15 Feb 1971, in fact! I recall it well as British Rail went decimal on Sunday 14th, but everyone else had to wait until Monday 15th. I had to travel to White Waltham on Sunday, so, after sifting out the new coins, I ended up with one pocket full of coins which I couldn't use in the Officers' Mess and another which, fortunately, I could....

Still Wee Jock, my commiserations at the hand you were dealt in life. I mean, did you really serve under the B-word....:uhoh:

Still Wee Jock
7th Jul 2010, 06:39
Nope, had the pleasure of not being anywhere near the B word, but knew enough people there to recall his popularity. Was at Coningby when we had our own version of the B word.

BEagle
7th Jul 2010, 07:01
That must have been in around 1981?

I was there on the F-4 course at the time.....:\

Wholigan
7th Jul 2010, 08:05
Was that "Curly Bill"?

Pontius Navigator
7th Jul 2010, 08:50
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

BEagle
7th Jul 2010, 10:35
Pontious, I hope that Nurse heard your need in time.....:uhoh:

Wholi', you may well be correct......:\

cornish-stormrider
7th Jul 2010, 10:47
SWJ, I was going to send you a long and pointless missive - but you posted before I could finish. We have similar views on some things and Mahooisvely opposed on others. Still it takes all sorts, I mean you work with some sort of air tragic, don't you get discriminated (and rightly so) against far more than how you entertain your private life. it does take all sorts to make the world go round and besides, at least you ain't welsh!

Now go and make em land de plane.

CS

Still Wee Jock
7th Jul 2010, 11:38
Beagle/Wholigan/Pontious, I was at Coningsby in 1981, and you've got the right staish. I worked in Ops during one (of the trillions) of exercises which were pulled on Sunday nights, and we had to bail out to standby Ops. You haven't lived till you've seen a furious CO being helped over a sandbag wall by OC Ops, holding his hand like a big girl, clinging on to his smart leather brown hide briefcase, senior execs for the use of, for dear life. At least he didn't ladder his tights. We laughed ourselves sick.

Was also there during the bumper cars episode.

Cornish-stormrider, I'm happily retired, the only thing I land these days is my empty glass on the bar (of one of the three pubs within walking distance of my house) for a refill. Off for a wander up town now, and some refreshments.

Pontius Navigator
7th Jul 2010, 11:52
Pontious, I hope that Nurse heard your need in time.....:uhoh:

I fear 'tis you who needs a nurse as your blather control in negligible :)

BEagle
7th Jul 2010, 11:54
I remember the wretched man calling one of those exercises and many of the OCU aircrew coming in rather the worse for having had liquid Sunday lunches....:\

He also called one when one of his spies discovered that a Taceval was coming the following day.

Another of his great ideas was the Friday afternoon brief, after which everyone was supposed to troop down to Happy Hour. Wucking fonderful when you're an OCU student itching to get away for the weekend....

After the 'pink rabbit' (steady, girls....:ooh:) incident, he tried to ban any news of the incident leaking out. Which, of course, guaranteed that we all got to hear about it throughout 11 Gp!

Not long now until he's hauled up to answer for himself at the inevitable judicial enquiry into the Mull of Kintyre Chinook accident....:mad:

as your blather control in negligible

Pontious, are you related to the late Stanley Unwin?

"All deep joy and thorkus for great laugh'n tittery. O yes!"

Pontius Navigator
7th Jul 2010, 13:51
No, but you're still lathering away with you're bladder.

BEagle
8th Jul 2010, 09:39
Sorry, I only speak English.

Try changing the batteries of your Earth podule.....:hmm:

Pontius Navigator
8th Jul 2010, 10:27
That's a good job then otherwise you might have thought I was calling you a w^nker, but I didn't mean that, honest!:)

NutLoose
1st Nov 2013, 01:19
I think I'm a lesbian, I always had the urge to join in.......

Willard Whyte
1st Nov 2013, 07:53
Pfffffft, because I can....

Yer best off searching for 'lesbian' on youporn, not pprune.

Wyler
1st Nov 2013, 09:13
Association of Black Police Officers, Asian Businessman of the Year, Gay Pride, LGBT Conference etc etc etc

All organisations/events that bang on about equality for all yet are firmly 'closed' to everyone who is not part of their small band.

As a white, middle aged hetrosexual male I think I am on the receiving end of far more discrimination than all of these 'groups' put together.

27mm
1st Nov 2013, 10:18
Remember the good old days, when LGBT meant Laser Guided Bomb Training and OMG meant Operational Manoeuvre Group.....:sad:

Basil
1st Nov 2013, 10:45
As a white, middle aged hetrosexual male I think I am on the receiving end of far more discrimination than all of these 'groups' put together.
. . and how many white, middle aged heterosexual males are signing off those discriminatory regs for a quiet life in the short term?

Just edited to say that I have never approved of minority witch hunts. Saw it for the first time in my life in the RAF when in my mid twenties. The criminalisation of homosexual acts was one of the best examples of unintended consequences since "Lets crucify this prat and he'll be out of our faces for ever!"

1.3VStall
1st Nov 2013, 22:02
Personally, I have absolutely no issues with what consenting adults do behind closed doors, but I do feel uncomfortable about minority groups and activities being thrust in my face. I don't feel the need to march to express my "pride" in being heterosexual, so why do homosexuals? And, thankfully, I left the RAF before we had publicly funded conferences to promote the issue!

The only thing I object to is that the word gay in the English language has been hijacked. When I were a lad, a gay day conjured up images of a summer afternoon, with birds singing and sun shining on a meadow. Equally, a weekend in Gay Paris was a mucky weekend with a girl, not attendance at a shirtlifters conference.

Would it be too late to simply revert to using the correct terms - homosexuals and lesbians?

smujsmith
1st Nov 2013, 22:24
1.3VStall,

As there's no "arrow" or otherwise to mark support for your post, I shall just register that you have just posted a far better appreciation of the current state of affairs than my, limited capability, could manage.

Smudge

cornish-stormrider
1st Nov 2013, 23:09
CLEAR,

"Thud"

Administer 200cc of adrenaline, 50cc of red bull and a double espresso

charge 300

CLEAR.

"Thud"

yes, I have a pulse, I declare this thread well and truly resurrected.
Now, wheres that fit nurse in the short skirt.

wassat, he's a man you say...?
oh it's a kilt, he's from jockistan, never mind, soon be the six nations.
he can fight the frogs for a wooden spoon.

May you all have a lovely time on the fifth - reminiscing about throwing a catholic on the fire and dreaming it was callmeDave. regardless of how you live your private live. Unless your Beagle, who can no doubt regale us with a first hand eyewitness report.:E

The Helpful Stacker
2nd Nov 2013, 12:08
"200cc of adrenaline....."

Steady on tiger, little heavy there. 1mg/10mL of adrenaline every other cycle is the current best practice.

And I won't wear a skirt for you no matter how much you pester.

Fg Off Bloggs
2nd Nov 2013, 15:51
"Meet Bloggs - he's a gay, black AEO"

No I'm not!

Bloggs
Fg Off for the abuse of!:cool:

1.3VStall
3rd Nov 2013, 09:06
Which of the three aren't you Bloggs?;)

barnstormer1968
3rd Nov 2013, 11:03
The 'rights' of differing groups in society is a very interesting thing to me, but also could be a stupid thing. Not long ago it was illegal to be homosexual in the UK. Then via pressure and campaign it became legal. This was boosted by the fact that it is said that ten percent of the population are homosexual.

Not long ago Muslims had few rights in the UK (can you see where this is going) but via pressure and campaign Muslims gained laws (along with other religious or non white groups, take your pick). The establishment of Islam in the Uk has been boosted in the public mind due to the fact that it is a growing religion and a fair percentage of the UK population now follow this religion.

I love the idea that a Muslim can now be covered by law from bigotry and racial harassment, and the only real downside for me is that nearly all large supermarkets serve halal meat in their restaurants (I won't eat it, as it's not compatible with my religion).

But, what could happen when Islam covers more than ten percent of the UK population and demand more respect for their culture? Does this mean that as a larger minority its representatives could then call for homosexuality to become illegal again :)
Although Islam and Christianity are VERY similar in their teachings, Islam does tend to speak out against homosexuality a lot more.

On a bit of a tangent, if we have black and minority ethnic groups, or gay groups or ginger groups or men's or ladies groups doesn't that mean that each will be pulling for rights and conditions that each group will already have in law?

I'd prefer to see one group for everyone marching through London pointing out that service people get rubbish accommodation and rubbish conditions, and that service camps have to be upgraded to accommodate illegal immigrants (who then burn down the upgraded camps as they are too poor).

Just a few thoughts.

Deepest Norfolk
4th Nov 2013, 11:14
I'm firmly in 1.3VStall's camp on this one.

I heard Will Young on the wireless the other day, bitterly complaining that youngsters have hijacked the word "gay" to mean bad, rubbish, crap etc etc etc.

Excuse me! Who hijacked the word in the first place?

I am not bothered one way or the other about people's relationships, I would rather two people just love each other regardless of gender. What I do object vehemently about is how minorities try and hijack my culture in order to make theirs seem more acceptable to mainstream life. Jury is still out as to whether this is because they feel they are themselves out of step with generally accepted norms or whether they think the rest of us think they are, thus if they use a non contentious word to describe themselves the rest of us won't mind. (e.g using "newspaper" for the Daily Mail).

There will only be true equality when I could enter into a Civil Partnership with a member of the opposite sex, till that happens, LGBT.....SHUT THE F**K UP ABOUT EQUALITY!!!

Soap box back in shed.

DN

PS
The local council I used to work for actively promoted and contributed to an LGBT week and a black history week in our area. When I asked on our global messaging system if we were going to have a white heterosexual week. I was dragged off (by a very senior person) and advised that if I wanted to keep working for The Council I was to just shut the f**k up and get back in my box

Now THAT'S real equality!!! (Not)

Wander00
4th Nov 2013, 12:03
What with that and a warning before a wildlife TV programme that it contained shots of lions eating prey (A bit on the lines of "Fish - may contain bones), I guess we are going to hell in a hand cart!

Fg Off Bloggs
4th Nov 2013, 13:34
I guess we are going to hell in a hand cart!

Wander00, you've used the wrong tense there, old chap!

Gone - gone to hell in a hand cart!

Bloggs :confused:

Party Animal
4th Nov 2013, 13:55
Meet Bloggs - he's a gay, black AEO

It could be worse - he could be Scottish!! :E

Basil
4th Nov 2013, 22:01
It could be worse - he could be Scottish!!
See you, pal, jist you watch it! ;)