PDA

View Full Version : Charged twice for ticket by alitalia

lazycat
1st Jul 2010, 15:56
My girlfriend just tried to book tickets with alitalia from paris to Tel Aviv via Rome. When she got through to the confirmation phase on the website and clicked buy an erreur message came up and took her back to the start of the booking process. She then booked again this time without any problem. However she has now received 2 emails with 2 seperate bookings on for the same flight.
She called the airline and was told initially to email them and then they would call her back in 30mins. Of course they didn't so she called them and was told that the person who said they would contact her had left the office. The new person said that they were going to contact her on Monday and that she should get refunded as this has happened in the past but that they couldn't do it now because the payment hadn't been taken yet even though it shows up on her bank statement? When she called the bank though they said they couldn't stop the payment..
Has anyone else had this happen? And are they telling the truth about not being able to refund it now and just trying to fob us off?

Llademos
1st Jul 2010, 19:03
Sounds like P*** Poor customer service to me. If there will be financial hardship if the extra sum is debited then your gf may have a case against AI for any costs incurred (such as od fees), particularly as they have admitted that this has happened in the past. Even if the extra sum is not a problem, I would add £25 for the inconvenience when next speaking to them - I always did whenever my bank c****d up, which was quite often when I was moving from Germany to the UK!

Capetonian
1st Jul 2010, 20:48
I had something similar happen to me with SAA about 10 years ago, when I rang them to complain they cancelled the lot and reissued another set of tickets which I never got charged for!