PDA

View Full Version : Landing A B777 at QTR

THR MCT
1st Jul 2010, 14:23
10 Hard landings on B777 fleet in 30 days:confused: amazing how it can back fire when our Great CPtrainings is screwing the all company seniority by transfering new recruits with basicaly no previous wide body experience directly on B777, same for the upgrade policy, while Fo and CPT from the A320F, A330 are watching the game with more than 3 years in the sand pit doing all the dirty job.
the reason given is very funny as well ,and up to the intelectual level of this dude pure master piece "most landings were in hot and windy day, heavy weight" .

Part A amendment:ugh:
New approach ban only for the B777 drivers so next time you come to land Doha Rwy 34/16, just start dumping fuel to reduce weight and hold till the the temp cools down and the wind is calm, fully configured at 5000ft.

It looks like the last month weather conditions were only affecting B777 every time A320F or A330, A346 lands it is OTBD SA R34/16 00000kt cavok 15/00 Q1013.

So keep up the good job :ok: in the meantime our Training Mng is counting the number of instabilized approach while costing to the company millions of $ in fuel by asking to fully configure by 1500ft:{

Lucky that QR flies to my home town with an A346

Fly high and fast

Bypass ratio
1st Jul 2010, 14:33
Can I get a breakdown of experience & nationality?

Flyer1015
1st Jul 2010, 23:56
What's MCT?

Islanderguy
2nd Jul 2010, 00:16
max continous thrust

you're welcome

Flyer1015
2nd Jul 2010, 00:43
Oh, I know what MCT is as far as airplanes go, but I thought the breakdown of the MCT (the Cessna guy with 10,000 hrs) was the position/name of someone.

DesertIsland
2nd Jul 2010, 05:15
Now we have two villages that have lost their idiots.

Islanderguy
2nd Jul 2010, 05:31
Do you find it difficult going through life with no sense of humour?

AD-4
2nd Jul 2010, 06:00
So did I? Thought I knew them all in the office. Obviously not. THE MCT????

hotline330
2nd Jul 2010, 06:06
One month a go I was coming from DXB as a PAX on board the B777 A7-BBD

the cabin was soooo noisy.. :bored:

ENG start was like a bomb exp. :sad:

and the landing was a hole in the earth .... :ouch:

Captain Partzee
2nd Jul 2010, 09:42
The Worst Is Yet To Come! :E

hotline330
2nd Jul 2010, 10:24
crew A ''gear up''__________14 hrs_________ Crew B '' gear down''

10 hard landings a month is nothing ....

Flyer1015
2nd Jul 2010, 13:32
Now we have two villages that have lost their idiots.

Well, YOU could always go back..................... :hmm:

THR MCT
2nd Jul 2010, 13:42
BigBad!

keep smashing them hard I'm sure you will be short listed for the B787 Deamliner next year as you fulfill the criteria set by the CPTraining and I'm confident about your performance if you manage to bang hard 2 in the row especially after the Zero flight time Sim ride defenitely you Name will be Top of the list for B747-800 or the B797:}.

for sure as an FO you will be upgraded left to right no question about it:ok:

Stop Press
From an engineering source 2 more BANGS today enjoy the ride:ugh:the saga continue

Fly high and fast

TM.

showers
3rd Jul 2010, 07:12
We are striving for perfection here.What seems to be the problem boys..Simmer down :D

a345xxx
3rd Jul 2010, 08:00
upgrade policy......!!!!! thats the problem!

Captain Partzee
7th Jul 2010, 03:29
The problem comes from the training department.
I'm quite sure, from now on very thing will be fine.
The new CHIEF INSTRUCTOR BOEING is an expert in Hard landings. :}

Modhesh
7th Jul 2010, 07:26
We had the same problem at Ek. Lots of Hard landings.
They found that the sensors that detect a Hard landing where too sensitive and where giving false readings.

Solution:- Turn the sensor off and let the pilots decide if it was a hard landing.
Problem solved.

However they have decided to turn the sensors back on I believe about a week ago.
Result:- 4 hard landings and counting.

Go figure.

ramiyns
7th Jul 2010, 10:56
I think one of the contributing factors to the hard landings in Qatar Airways,That is No much of hand on control.
If a pilot dose on average 2 to 4 sector a month and this has to be shared with other pilot.
This will leave the captain with average 2 landing a month, FOs flies a bit more.
And sometimes a gap of 2 weeks between one flight and the other.
So pilots become out of touch, Especially new pilots after they finish line training when they need more frequent flying to feel confident with Aircraft, Only to end up with 2 flight a month. Definitely this varies from one to another.
Since the B777 introduced into Qatar Airways, The lack of flying was and still a big issue with the Captains,and in many cases they still fly even when they are not feeling well,because of the allowances.
So if safety department looks into those pilots rosters leading to the heavy landing,They might find interesting common factor.
At least this is how I feel.
One instance,I was coming from leave then there was off days, sdby days, off days and I was approaching 45 days without flying then I had my recurrent which prevented me from going into recency chk.
Thank you all and Happy landings

Alcatraz69
8th Jul 2010, 19:03
Dear Captain Partzee,

Before you fart you should take a look around you. The same goes for posting here ! There is no such post in Qr as Chief Instructor Boeing!

Next time mate before you vomit, get your facts right!

Captain Partzee
9th Jul 2010, 02:46
I'm sure! You are an i@@di@@o%t or :mad:.
Do you know what does ACN mean?
Look that. ACN NO. : 47/10

he is responsible for all Boeing Type Rating, SFI/SFE, TR/TRE training and is your first point of contact accordingly.

showers
9th Jul 2010, 08:53
Since when has having smooth landings been the mark of a super pilot?Fellows simmer down.I think Qtr is simply striving for perfection here due to some post expensive activity involved if you catch my drift.Lets come out with some reasonable techniques involving the B777 and do away with any ego tripping.
At Qtr a super smooth landing,is the end of a 5 star experience:E

A330 man
9th Jul 2010, 09:13
Alkatraz69

Next time mate before you vomit, get your facts right!

I guess what you wrote applies to you, why did you use such a bad language before you get your facts right?

The position of CI is there for all fleets. and like capt partzee mentioned, the CI Boeing J.A. was just replaced by K.P.according to the ACN.

Let us all get mature in our replies please, avoid getting personal, we are professional pilots after all, correct? :ok:

Captain Partzee
10th Jul 2010, 09:05
"Next time mate before you vomit, get your facts right!"
Before I vomit at you let me ask you one question.
How many of these hard landings belong to you? :}
And are you studying for your interview? :E
And just more one thing. I'm not your mate.

I'm sorry A330 man. You are right.

And HALAS!

airbanana
10th Jul 2010, 09:25
Flyingbear66, you are absolutelly right !!!.
Now everybody are crazy about hard landings( most of them are not, because what are you mention before).
And now the trend are very long flares, imagine those with short and contaminated runwyas.
My question is? it is the guy in safety dept, a real captain? or just a wannabe pilot?.
Cheers.

Captain Partzee
10th Jul 2010, 11:22
The answer for your question is:
In most of the cases " lack of experience in wide body acft".
And the worst is yet to come!

Unfortunately!

Alcatraz69
10th Jul 2010, 21:35
OK Patrzee

I deserved that! I guess I should start reading my ACN's !

Alcatraz69
10th Jul 2010, 21:42
And I'm not studying for my Interview !I would not dream of coming for such a thing. but I'm guessing you are one of the victims of Hard Landings!

Enjoy the Bunk and the Big Bird!. Im also not your friend as do not know you.

A330 Man,

Fart is not a rude word.

It's what you do for 17 hours to the states!

Captain Partzee
23rd Jul 2010, 13:42
Oh my gosh!

Suspected hard landing procedure! :eek:

The printer will run out of paper. :}

Homo Ludens
24th Jul 2010, 20:17
Now what we've suspected all along is official: Boeing admits the methodology they use is wrong. When you have 4 pilots in the cockpit with combined experience of 50 000 flight hours, wide body, the works, and all of them perceived a landing as merely "firm", but the sink rate report claims it was "hard", there must be something wrong.
So, chill out, boys end girls, nobody should doubt your professional abilities!
Cheers!
H.L.