PDA

View Full Version : Army helicopter accidents - late 70s / early 80s

Postman Plod
1st Jul 2010, 12:47
I'm trying to find information on the surnames of those involved in Army helicopter accidents in the late 70s / early 80s. The crew and accident information appears to be available (on Wikipaedia) for the Scout, but not available for the Gazelle or Lynx (or AN Other type) -crash information is available, but not crew names involved. I'm after a specific name I think was killed in a helicopter crash, but I'm not 100% sure. It may have been "in action" or it may not have been - I suspect not as such, although may have happened in NI.

Is anyone able to advise on available information sources? Nothing sinister, just purely something that came up in conversation with my folks last week about an old friends dad.

diginagain
1st Jul 2010, 14:48
PM for you, PP.

Just a thought, have you looked on the website for the Memorial Garden at Palace Barracks? The name you're looking for may be listed there.

Postman Plod
1st Jul 2010, 15:23
Thanks diginagain - not something I was aware of! I've had a very quick nose on there and not found the name I'm looking for - I'll reply to your message when I get home! :)

diginagain
1st Jul 2010, 15:26
OK, but I'll be away from the PC until sparrowsfart tomorrow. I can also ping a mate over on Arrse for info if required, plus the Corps has a website full of knowledge too.

opfixclear
1st Jul 2010, 16:01
PM for you also.

rogerk
2nd Jul 2010, 12:13
PM for u PP

One of my best mates - hours and hours in my log book.

:ok::ok: