30th Jun 2010, 22:03
Just booked onto CBR53, groundschool course for ATPL's at OAA. Can anyone give or does anyone have any good, useful advice for me? Or is anyone else on the same course?
2nd Jul 2010, 10:11
- GS is not so difficult. The only thing is that the syllabus is very lengthy in the time frame. You may expect a very condensed course.
- The instructors are very capable and helpful. So try to enjoy it and to do it happily.:ok:
- It would be great if you have access to the Oxcel website (a website specially made for Oxford GS that has a huge question db and interactive media instruction for some subjects)
- After you finish revising a chapter or so in each subject, try to do as much questions as you can covering that specific bit. Do all the questions that you can get from any source so that you consolidate your understanding of the topic. This shall make your job much easier when you do your final revision for the CAA exams.
- Don't forget to bring with you lots of highlighters:ok:
Good luck mate
2nd Jul 2010, 10:17
One more thing..
Subjects that you should pay special attention to are Meteorology and General Navigation. Most of cadets struggle with these two, but you won't if you really work hard revising and memorizing them!
2nd Jul 2010, 21:52
Great, thanks a lot for the info, I'll take it all on board!
I'm quite looking forward to it actually!