PDA

View Full Version : S76C+ WAT chart

HeloDrvr
30th Jun 2010, 16:33
Does anyone have an S76C+ Weight Altitude Temperature Chart for a heliport (ground level), Cat A departure.
I need to determine max allowable weight for Performance Class 1.

I've searched the forum (and internet), but haven't found what I'm looking for.

Thanks.

HeliTester
30th Jun 2010, 19:31
HeloDrvr,

The WAT curve you are looking for exists in S-76C+ RFM Supplement No. 8 entitled “Category A Vertical Operations from Ground Level Heliports”. There are both FAA and CAA Approved versions of that Supplement. I don’t know if that particular publication is available within the public domain.

If you work for an S-76C+ operator, the helicopter manufacturer should provide a copy of the Supplement in support of your Category A Vertical Operation, as you will also need the associated Operating Limitations and the Normal and Emergency procedures.

HT

HeloDrvr
1st Jul 2010, 09:56
HT, your response reads a little passive aggressive.

Obviously, we don't operate the type or I would have ready access to the information.
I posted the question because this is a forum where experienced and knoweldgable professionals share information.
Did you know that there is an entire thread dedicated to flight manuals... Which are often exchanged?
I was simply hoping someone could post or email 1 unmaintained page from a manual.
I'm completing some due diligence related to an aircraft acquisition and thought that this was a simple question to post.

Fly safe.

212man
1st Jul 2010, 11:55
One of my colleagues has one - I'll check if it has the supplement tomorrow.

Without teaching grandma to suck eggs, don't forget that PC1 is also about obstacle clearance assurance, so depending on the likely operating environment you may find that climb gradient (OEI) is more limiting than the basic WAT RTOM.

HeliTester
1st Jul 2010, 14:25
HeloDrvr,

If my response reads a little passive aggressive (and I’m not exactly sure what that means), yours reads a little hostile. Regrettably the reason for your post was not clear to me, and I was simply passing-on what information I had regarding where the requested information exists. Since you are doing a performance comparison in support of an aircraft acquisition, I would think that any helicopter manufacturer would be happy to provide the information you require.

Also, I note that the basic RFM is available on the internet at the following website:

http://www.angelfire.com/planet/manualesdevuelo6/1.pdf (http://www.angelfire.com/planet/manualesdevuelo6/1.pdf).

The basic RFM includes the OEI climb gradient mentioned by 212man.

HT

1st Jul 2010, 15:03
I tend to agree, these forums are a place to share information and before I personally jump through hoops to get information out of the manufacturers (whether or not we operate them is our experience), quicker responses are often found here.

I checked whats available from flight manuals and requests (thanks to elvissa) and it looks like the closest available is the S76C++ RFM rev 4 from 2008.

If it's any help at all, pm me and i'll email you a zip.

HeloDrvr
2nd Jul 2010, 00:51
Thanks for the responses.

212Man,
The heliport arrival and departure is over water, so climb gradient isn't a concern,
but I still need the RFM supplement to ensure safe takeoff and landing operations with a critical engine failure.
-and-
BHL is right about contacting the manufacturer. Besides going through hoops, the sales/marketing dept. will be unleashed upon you.
Don't won't to waste their time or be unnecessarily bothered.