PDA

View Full Version : EK swaps turned down "due to fatigue?"

Kamelchaser
30th Jun 2010, 15:47
What's this latest reason being given by our rostering clerks to turn down swaps?

"Sorry, I think you'll be fatigued so therefore I will turn down your swap (no further explanation required)"

So EK can roster you DXB-SFO-DXB-PEK-DXB-LAX-DXB within a 14 day period, but when you want to swap, some rostering clerk is apparently now trained and qualified to tell us when we'll be fatigued..without any further explanation? Are they using their fancy software (that doesn't seem to be around at roster build stage), or is it just another convenient excuse to refuse swaps.

WTF is going on? I have never in a decade seen so many swap requests...obviously the lowest roster satisfaction ever.

emratty
30th Jun 2010, 15:53
The rostering is a disgrace at the moment there are numerous Airbus captains that are being rostered a Tripoli which lands back into Dubai 20 mins before their leave starts:ugh:. It's pathetic TCAS must show some bottle and get a grip of the situation.

oz in dxb
30th Jun 2010, 19:59
The other major problem with the swaps being turned down is that the majority of us are doing 95 + hours for the month. Any swap where you have a net increase in flying will be turned down. Plus the fact that we have minimum days off we exceed our rest days.

We are continually been told about OUR BMI, how about EKs BMI. We virtually have not fat available in the system and everyone is working max hours.

I have resigned to the fact that asking for any swaps will be turned down.

Keep discovering!

Oz

ekpilot
30th Jun 2010, 20:03
Just an other proof of incompetency, lack of management skills, abuse of power to keep a sinking ship look like all is okay. Just plain sad. Remember it's all about how the surgeon looks, not how competent he is. You are the guest in this place. And this is how we threat our guests around here. If you are not happy you can leave. Heard some emails are flying around explaining that the situation will not improve for months for pilots. Terrain Terrain Pull Up Pull Up! Ha it's okay it's okay I tell you...don't worry everything is fine:D

Keep discovering:ok:

kiwi
1st Jul 2010, 05:47
Attended washup meeting yesterday where CPB stated this is directly because some have done swaps then called in sick fatigued.
Not sure if he speaks the truth but very disturbing if true!:ugh:

Osprey55
1st Jul 2010, 06:59
As if we didn't already know this, but... they are so short of pilots that the head of scheduling has come out to say that there are much more important issues they have to deal with than honoring seniority when it comes to building rosters. Furthermore, when you can prove they have ignored your bid and given everything you bid for to guys in lower bid groups, they don't care and will not, under any circumstances, allow swaps to be made.

The beatings will continue until morale improves... Oh wait, as AAR stated publicly, and I quote, "pilot morale doesn't matter..." neither does health or safety, apparently.:ugh::ugh::ugh:

M-rat
2nd Jul 2010, 07:25
I took up this issue with fleet management several months ago and the email reply I received included the statement that "EK does not consider pilot bidding essential". :ouch:

Remember: all these swinging-dick MBAs in Transportation Management are empiricists. They only believe what they can see - they continually repeat the mantra: "I can only manage what can be measured". This trite little quip is simply an escape mechanism and rationaliation for maintaining the status quo.:*

Smile and grin at the change all around...
:p