PDA

View Full Version : Beech King Air A100 & Beech 99 airliner manuals

sgs233a
29th Jun 2010, 02:07
Hello all,
I'm trying to track down soft copy of AFMs for King Air 100/A100 series and Beech 99 Airliner. Smartcockpit has C90 manuals, which I'd think would be pretty close on the King Air, though I'd rather something closer if possible. Can't find much on the 99.

Of course, none of this would be used for actual flight or planning purposes, the aircraft's own AFM is the only source for that - just looking for as much as I can find on these types at this point.

Thanks,
Colin

411A
29th Jun 2010, 10:02
Essco Aircraft Manuals and Pilot Supplies. We are the Aircraft Manual People. (http://www.esscoaircraft.com)

sgs233a
29th Jun 2010, 16:59
Thanks 411A - Unfortunately, I'm rather cash constrained at the moment and am not really in the position to purchase the manuals.

Cheers,
Colin

411A
29th Jun 2010, 17:54
I'm rather cash constrained at the moment and am not really in the position to purchase the manuals.

In this case, you don't deserve them.
End of story.
IE: put up or shut up...money talks, BS walks.
No free lunch in the aviation world.
Sorry.

Quality Time
29th Jun 2010, 18:50
colpaz

There are free lunches to be had in fact - when I had no experience but young and very keen a number of very nice guys helped me along the way.

I have met a lot of tossers too!

Good luck finding what you need!

Jumbo744
29th Jun 2010, 18:59
Colpaz,

PM me with your email address, I've got the B200 Pilot Training Manual if you want...

sgs233a
30th Jun 2010, 03:35
QT and Jumbo - thanks for the replies. Jumbo, I'll PM you.

411A-.........

john_tullamarine
30th Jun 2010, 03:49
Before you trash 411A's comments .. he was trying to help.

If you source a copy on the black market you expose yourself to copyright infringement action. Also if the producer of a document doesn't see a dollar then, eventually, the whole system comes tumbling down ... bit like supporting your local grocery shop on the corner rather than putting him out of business by only buying at the cheaper big store.

Jumbo744
30th Jun 2010, 04:13
Hi,

The one I have can be found for free on the first page when using google and searching "Beech 200 manual". It has been there for a long long time so I presume if it was not approved the authors would have removed it?

sgs233a
30th Jun 2010, 05:13
Thanks again Jumbo.

John - I understand your point. That said, I'm not able to purchase said books at the moment. After running out of money working on a CPL 9 years ago, and just recently having bankrupted and endebted myself to finish, I'm not in a position to purchase these publications. Do I need them? No. But I'd like to learn as much as I possibly can about these aircraft as, if all works out, I may soon have an opportunity with a company that flies them. Of course I'd expect all training and appropriate resources to be provided, should an offer of employment be made - I'd just like to learn whatever I may in advance.

Cheers,
Colin

411A
30th Jun 2010, 07:39
I may soon have an opportunity with a company that flies them.

P2F, no doubt.:rolleyes:

Quality Time
30th Jun 2010, 07:57
Before you trash 411A's comments .. he was trying to help.

1/ I don't see any posts trashing anything.

2/ Trying to help ? I really don't think so.

Oh there he goes again - he just can't resist helping- it's his nature.:rolleyes:

sgs233a
30th Jun 2010, 15:01
P2F? Why would you think that??? I'm not about to consider PAYING a company to fly for them, or purchasing a type rating, etc. The very notion leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Should an offer be extended here, the money is not going to be GOOD - FAR less than I was making before deciding to go back to flying, but it will be legal and liveable.

I drove 7900 KM across Canada, driving up many long remote roads to isolated communities with airports and operators, knocking on doors, on the way to fly a glider and tow plane for the summer.

Just heard back from a company that seemed very decent when I visited (though in a very remote community). I'd been hoping to hear back from them, but didn't expect it to be within 2 months.

So, why would I NOT do what I can to familiarize myself as much as possible with what I can of their aircraft in advance of a possible offer?