PDA

View Full Version : PIC Navigation Question

99jolegg
20th Jun 2010, 16:17
Quick question...does the PPL skills test, or any portion of it, count as "PIC Nav" in the logbook? Or is it simply navigation flights that are solo that count.

Thanks in advance

Whopity
20th Jun 2010, 19:27
A PPL Skill Test is logged as P1S (PIC U/S) if you pass and Dual if you fail. There is no such thing as PIC Nav! Nav is something you put in the comments column to describe the flight.

If you pass, the hours go in the PIC column and the Examiner signs the log book. The Examiner's name goes in the Capts Column as the legal commander. The hours do not count towards your PIC solo time; in any event you must have 10 hours solo befoe commencing the test.

A solo flight is when you are the sole occupant of the aeroplane.

99jolegg
21st Jun 2010, 17:01
Thanks for that.

Sorry I wasn't very clear; I was referring more to what counts towards "PIC Nav" for license issue rather than what to log the flight as. Same for the CPL and IR skills tests - I found out today that, as you allude to, it doesn't.

Whopity
21st Jun 2010, 18:41
Nothing in the test counts towards the hours required for the course as all training must be completed prior to attempting the test! However, the PPL and CPL Skill tests do count towards the total hours required for licence issue.