PDA

View Full Version : S76 fire.Humberside...

Pullharder
19th Jun 2010, 19:38
Hi there Sliding doors, don't know where your thread went, but you were asking about the fire at humberside last week....
Here's your answer..
The Pilot doing the ground run left the cowling open:eek:...He didn't realise/notice...then started the engine:confused: Stupid mistake or mind elsewhere???....The poor damn pilots up at Humberside have just lost all of the contracts that they worked so professionally for, for many years.....most are walking round with minds clearly not on the job, constant talk of what's going to happen soon, my colleague told me everytime he lands on a platform, he sits there (along with the other pilot) just staring out the window and the thing constantly on his mind is whether or not he'll have a job in a couple of months...........while the fabulous management that keep telling them to be "professional" and "keep focused on the task in hand" etc (easy to say when YOUR job is secure):mad: One recently departed member of management was even overheard saying his trouble now all the contracts were lost would be keeping pilots there to the end to service the work until the contracts finish:* Nice to know he was thinking about all the employees welfare!!!!!!!! Here's a plan, how about if a major contract is lost, due to safety reason(as we know how much safety is our only concern) Pilots are not required to fly until management (from both participating companies) confirm jobs for however many employees are needed right away...see how quick they would sort their sh*t out then...The Humberside employees, all of them, STILL have NO CLUE how many will have jobs within CHC (if any), how many Bristows will take under TUPE, etc..... but it's OK, with mortgages and wives, family etc, they have a whole 8 weeks until the first major contract for BP is lost.....:uhoh:

Sliding Doors
19th Jun 2010, 20:41
Pull harder, thank you for your response. Is it possibly a case of mind not on the job?
If what you state is correct, it is unbelievable for a company like CHC, to treat their employees so badly. Surely, there must be more to it than that? I've heard one or two rumours recently that there is still no word if the Conoco contract was also awarded to Bristow, but would that not further ensure TUPE would apply, and if so, why can't the pilots at Humberside at least be treated with some professional respect and told dates for transferring, or worse, redundancy? I can't believe for one minute that there is a cut off date whereby the guys just walk across the tarmac and start flying other types? There would be training involved, and if Bristow are to have crews in place for when the contract finishes, why aren't they training the Humberside CHC pilots ready for the takeover? Something smells exceedingly fishy to me.
I have no doubt in my mind that the reason the pilots are being told very little, is purely because CHC will want their pilots to stay and service existing contractual requirements until contract end. I bet CHC HR department are working overtime, or at least you'd love to think so.

There's nothing worse than not knowing. :sad:

Pontius Pirate
8th Jul 2010, 20:01
This site clearly is full of **** some times! Know your facts boys....you sound like Gordon Brown as he talks bo***cks!:ugh::ugh:

sox6
10th Jul 2010, 14:20
PP you are late to this party. Spill the beans or shut up.