PDA

View Full Version : EmiratesCAE Dubai

pilotwings1982
17th Jun 2010, 07:27
Does anybody have any info on the EmiratesCAE training center in Dubai? I'm thinking about getting my 737NG type rating there.

Samiadam
17th Jun 2010, 10:36
Hi there,

If you have an FAA license, i would suggest you search for other places. That is because thier prices are double of what is being offered in USA. But if you have the JAA license, then its a good choice for you.

Best of luck

Sam

skygod
17th Jun 2010, 15:37
Hi there,
CAE is a bit to expensive for a B737NG type. I suggest you try higher power in the USA, or panam flight academy, miami florida. If you dont have a us visa, then try royal air maroc, comair South Africa, or Ethiopian. Im sure all these are much cheaper than CAE EMIRATES. Happy landings

SKYGOD

Gulfstreamaviator
18th Jun 2010, 06:12
10k us in usa.....

glf

Samiadam
18th Jun 2010, 06:18
nowings

10 K in USA and requires no base check or MCC to get it endorsed on license. While CAE's way of bussiness is wrong. Emailed them before for a price and replied to me that i need to call them by phone to discuss. then was offered a price double of that in USA.

Hope that answers you what we are talking about.

Sam

High 6
18th Jun 2010, 10:03
I was trying to arrange an A320 type rating in 2008 for a friend and CAE Dubai advised that they only do ratings based on an a letter from an established airline or company who basically act as guarantee/sponsor, irregardless whether you are employed by them or not, you make your own arrangements.

They do not entertain individuals, even if you pay in cash up front, company policy and something do to with their training license agreements with the UAE government. They are bloody expen$ive because they aim at the airline/established operator market.

I believe Australia is a much cheaper option for A320/B737 type ratings. The beer is cheaper as well!!

Emapilota
19th Jun 2010, 18:42
does anyone know the right address of CAE Emirates?

Thx for the help

Rotorhead1026
19th Jun 2010, 22:09
does anyone know the right address of CAE Emirates?

<sigh>

CAE › Aviation Training & Services › Training Centres › Dubai (http://www.cae.com/en/aviation.training/tc.dubai.asp) , the address and email are near the top.

This was via Google "CAE Dubai"

If you have trouble doing that yourself, you might consider something a bit less challenging than a type rating course ... :(

Emapilota
19th Jun 2010, 22:40
ahah, take it easy man...I am not going to do a type rating at CAE Dubai. I just needed the address for some other stuff ;)

...and btw I asked because, I first found their address thru their website like you did however when I put it on google maps "CAE Emirates Dubai" it didn't point to anything:p ...I guess I am not good enough like you said XD ....

Rotorhead1026
20th Jun 2010, 00:55
This is fun. :)

I first found their address thru their website like you did however when I put it on google maps "CAE Emirates Dubai" it didn't point to anything

From the aformentioned website ...

P.O. Box 111066
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

No, a post office box generally won't show up on Google maps.

kennedy
20th Jun 2010, 03:16
If you are looking for it, search for the tennis stadium or Irish village, it's on the other side of the road.

Hope that helps ;-)

Rotorhead1026
20th Jun 2010, 03:32
search for the tennis stadium or Irish village, it's on the other side of the road.

I actually reference the Irish village as across from CAE. :D

Seriously, the tennis stadium would be a good landmark.

pilotwings1982
24th Jun 2010, 06:49
That is 14,500 EURO per pilot or per crew with EmiratesCAE Dubai?