PDA

View Full Version : JAA-CAA Class One Medical renewal in Dubai

springbok449
17th Jun 2010, 02:57
Hi,

Has anyone had their JAA Class One Medical renewed in Dubai?

If so could you please give the name and possibly even contact details of the Dr?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Rgds,

Bokkie

777boyindubai
17th Jun 2010, 03:32
Hi There,

If you work for EK, there are two doctors that can do it.

Please PM me if you need their names?

Good luck.

springbok449
17th Jun 2010, 03:44
Hi,

Thks for the reply, afraid not working for EK.

Rgds,

Bokkie

kotakota
17th Jun 2010, 03:54
Try googling Dr Akel at Magudy Centre Jumeirah - he does the lot , sorry do not have his number to hand

Old King Coal
17th Jun 2010, 09:22
Dr Akel
1st Floor
Magrudy Centre (aka Magrudy Mall / aka Magrudy Shopping Complex / aka Magrudy's Book Store)
Beach Road
Jumeirah 1

Tel +971 43 49 48 80

He renewed both my GCAA & UK CAA Class 1 Medicals a few months ago.... a very practical AME. :ok:

springbok449
17th Jun 2010, 09:41
Hi,

Thanks very much for the info will give Dr Akel a call.

All the best.

Bokkie

El khoury
16th Apr 2013, 11:04
I know this is an old thread, but i have the same issue and instead of doing a new thread i thought i could ask you guys here.

I'm going this weekend to do my CAA class 1 medical renewal in Dubai with Dr. Akel, but i've been told that i should present my old medical certificate, and a Reference number that i get from GCAA website etc...

Can you tell me what do they mean by that reference number?! because i registered on gcaa.gov.ae and i didn't receive any reference number.

Payscale
16th Apr 2013, 11:19
What does he charge for a class 1 JAA medical?

El khoury
16th Apr 2013, 11:37
As the secretary told me , it's 1400 AED, which i think is a bit too much for a renewal

Sheikh Your Bootie
16th Apr 2013, 12:01
Its usually the numbers and last letter of the numbers of your licence number.

SyB :zzz:

El khoury
16th Apr 2013, 12:04
I've sent an email to the gcaa, they replied to me telling me that i should fill a medical form on the website and get the reference numb to present it to the doctor.
i followed their instructions, but they required the GCAA medical/license number which i don't have , coz my license is from UK.

serf
16th Apr 2013, 17:48
I had mine there last July, just bring your expiring certificate which has your UK licence number on it, and all will be fine.

El khoury
16th Apr 2013, 23:21
thank you Serf !

cucuotto
18th Apr 2013, 14:08
No more JAA now EASA... your training abroad will be worthless and I doubt you'll find an EASA AME anywhere close to Dubai..

El khoury
19th Apr 2013, 13:01
my license application has been put on hold because my medical certificate is expired, that's why i'm going to renew my class 1 medical.

So you're saying that the caa will not approve on this anymore ?? i chose that DR. in dubai because he is mentioned on the caa website under the list of AME

helen-damnation
19th Apr 2013, 20:31
If the training school is approved by EASA then it's reasonable to assume it's ok. Check first!

The license will be issued relative to the country where the medical records are held. If you use a British approved/licensed AME, your license will be a British issued EASA license.

Simples :)

Mr Good Cat
20th Apr 2013, 01:05
Just to remind you on two important points, too:

Firstly, if your medical has expired by 2 years or more you must get the revalidation done in the UK by any UK-based AME.

Secondly, if it's expired by 5 years then you to take your initial medical exam again at the CAA SRG in Gatwick :-( ....

Hope this helps.

tonker
20th Apr 2013, 07:42
How accurate are the scales at these medicals? :\

AFD
19th May 2013, 18:38
No more JAA now EASA... your training abroad will be worthless and I doubt you'll find an EASA AME anywhere close to Dubai..

there's already an EASA AME established in Dubai:ok::ok::ok::ok::ok:

saluti

MD11Man
11th Jan 2014, 16:01
Can anyone tell me the name/number of a doctor who now does CAA medicals in Dubai? Mine expires in April, guess it might be good to make an appointment soon...

Thanks!

GoreTex
11th Jan 2014, 19:16
dr akel is gone, some ozzie does it there now, he almost failed me, EK medical is fine, also charged me 1800AED

MD11Man
12th Jan 2014, 13:54
What do you mean 'EK medical is fine'?

Just to be clear, I don't work for EK.

Thanks!

roden737
12th Jan 2014, 14:59
Md11,

You can do it a lot cheaper here in DXB than back home, however keep in mind that when you transfer your JAA ATPL to an EASA ATPL it is required to have a class 1 medical issued in the same country as your license.

Just as a quick reminder from a fellow dutchie...

AFD
12th Jan 2014, 18:11
keep in mind that when you transfer your JAA ATPL to an EASA ATPL it is required to have a class 1 medical issued in the same country as your license.
in italy they don't apply this rule,i had my medical done in dxb

roden737
12th Jan 2014, 18:41
Unfortunately it is required in the Netherlands, also to obtain the EASA ATPL and/or type rating it has to be examined by a Dutch examiner at a Dutch TRTO... Go EASA right.......

MD11Man
13th Jan 2014, 14:58
Thanks roden737!

Do you know if a medical, issued last year by the CAA after doing my check there, would be an EASA medical?

It is a 'European Union' class 1.

Thanks again!

GoreTex
14th Jan 2014, 04:11
GMC Clinics - Healthcare Clinics in Dubai, Primary Healthcare Dubai: Dr. Ralph Joyce (Group Medical Director) details (http://www.gmcclinics.com/our_doctors_details.php?doctorID=37)

dr Joyce will do your EASA

roden737
14th Jan 2014, 12:51
Md11,

Begrijp dat jij een UK license hebt? In dat geval loop je ook niet tegen het probleem aan wat ik heb ivm mijn NL'se EASA license.

Je kan dan ook gewoon je medical hier in kamelen land doen wat hierboven beschreven staat..

Zie je op kantoor.. :)