PDA

View Full Version : 777-200lr questions

slim75
17th Jun 2010, 00:08
ladies, gentlemen, a couple of questions from an airliner enthusiest if you wouldn't mind... living near klax i see that emirates operates their 772lr's on nonstop routes from dubai.
is this leg flown on a polar route or just very high latitudes? what nautical milage is that trip and is it well within the maximum range of the aircraft? what would the fuel load have to be if carrying max pax/cargo taking into account also contingency and divert fuel requirements? did boeing make the 772lr with horizontal stab fuel tanks or any other aux tanks to increase range? if so, where is the additional fuel held?
thank you for your time and please excuse me if this topic has been asked previously.

kind regards,

slim75

Spooky 2
17th Jun 2010, 11:18
Quick reply.

Yes it's polar.
Yes the LR can be equipped with aux tanks that are aft of the center tank. I think this particular carrier has removed them as they are not needed. There are no fuel tanks in the stab.
The flight plan would use ETOPS flight planning rules.

A321COBI
17th Jun 2010, 13:40
dont know much about this area of airlines but I would assume and I believe the above that they do fly the polar route

Blink182
17th Jun 2010, 19:56
try this to calculate distance between two Cities.......

Great Circle Mapper (http://www.gcmap.com/)

muduckace
17th Jun 2010, 21:25
The most important thing I understand about the LR are several advancements made to the wing and possibly added composite structure (have not been able to confirm this).

Spooky 2
18th Jun 2010, 01:18
The wing includes the PIP or product improvement package that came out last year. I forget what all it included but it's available for retrofit on other 777 models.

B-HKD
18th Jun 2010, 02:38
The wing includes the PIP or product improvement package that came out last year. I forget what all it included but it's available for retrofit on other 777 models.

Slight aileron droop in cruise, new vortex generators on the wing, redesigned RAM inlet door. etc.

Full list of improvements to be found on Boeing's Aero magazine.

Leo

RemotePilot
18th Jun 2010, 03:43
I heard about Boeing 777-300ER's wing have been upgrade from normal to composite and deupgrade the engines so their airframe stretched to hold 400 passengers other than more range. It might launch on 2012. Called 300ERW?

halas
18th Jun 2010, 08:35
In two class the 300 classic will carry in excess of 440 which EK do use.

Great circle is fine, but when you have to account for wind, weather, sigmet CAT, volcanic ash, over flight rights, non-flexible airways, ATC restrictions, solar flare/radiation, FIR entry and exit points, and aircraft SE altitude capability due terrain, then it all becomes academic

Check your PM Slim

halas

A321COBI
18th Jun 2010, 08:42
it all becomes academic

and fun aswell

flyjet787
20th Jun 2010, 10:30
The Air India 200LRs have an AUX tank aft of the Central tank. The AUX tank has a capacity of 5700Kgs.

slim75
23rd Jun 2010, 02:34
thank you all for your replys to my previous inquiry. further... can someone please explain to me what advantage(s) a raked winglet provides to the newer boeing products?? i understand that a traditional winglet reduces fuel consumption by reducing spanwise flow and induced drag, increasing lift. lastly, what are direct lift controls and active controls?

kind regards

slim