PDA

View Full Version : TR A320

darkbaron
16th Jun 2010, 12:30
I´m thinking about to start a A320 type rating in CAE.
What about CAE??

citation3
18th Jun 2010, 11:44
the MCC and the Base Check was incl. was my best decision ever, they do it now Can you give me the address where you did you MCC, TR and Base training ?

Transsonic2000
18th Jun 2010, 16:57
CAE › Aviation Training & Services › Training Centres (http://www.cae.com/en/aviation.training/training.centres.asp)

daimond_dog
23rd Jun 2010, 20:06
i am just a cpl holder with me IR can i do it from cae
what all courses i have to do and how much it will cost me.

tony2F
23rd Jun 2010, 21:02
did my A320 TR at CAE Madrid,excellent course, but......have you got a definative job lined up? if you dont, I wouldnt recommend doing it anywhere.

A320rider
25th Jun 2010, 03:35
totally useless my Dear. I know several guys who did it, and they still don't have a job.

if you are not sent by an airline, they won't hire you.
airline use their own SOP, CAE use Airbus SOP(which is the standard one, and in english).
When hired, if hired..., the airline will send you back to the sim for testing and put you put at their standard..

at this point, it' s better to have a contract with an airline.

now the market is bad for 0 hours pilot with t/rating.

minimum are over 1500h total time/over 500h just to apply for a job and there are already thousand of pilots with these criterias who are looking desperately for a flight job...any flight job!

I don't want to put your down, but getting a call from an airline after a type rating, is nearly impossible these days.

I know it, because I have a rating 320 and I am in contact with several other chaps who can NOT get a job with their 320 rating and thousand of total hours .

what to do? wait 2-3 years and see how the situation improve. Apply in the airlines and see what they say.

I wish you good luck!