PDA

View Full Version : JAA FI rating in US??

Gudjon89
14th Jun 2010, 19:35
Hello guys
I just finished my flight training and I'm a current holder of a JAA license and I decided that I wanna take the step further and do my FI rating.

But my question is can I get "JAA FI rating" in the USA, maybe in Florida or somewhere on the east coast ?? if so what schools do you reccomend?

All help appreciated;)

Thanks

stupix
17th Jun 2010, 01:22
I think Naples air Centre does the JAR FI, i know they do the CPL and when I was talking to them they mentioned that many of their former students are instructors there.
I am going to do my night and CPL there as I live in Miami, so its not too far.
Stuart

Whopity
17th Jun 2010, 11:38
NAC have never held an approval for the JAA FI Course. There are three listed in Florida see Standards Doc 31 (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/srg_Lts_Orgs_Doc31v100.pdf)

Vortex Thing
20th Jun 2010, 00:03
If you are going to instruct in the UK and have just trained in the US appreciate that you want to save some money but you really want to do the course where you are going to instruct.

The UK airspace is so unique and challenging within Europe that you really need to take some time to get it learnt, so why not combine that with a course rather than be one of those instructors who is having an interview without coffee with the CFI when you dont quite catch the student in time with the zone incursion as you are too busy trying to stop said student from trying to kill you.

I am sure you will appreciate that as a student yourself, students do of course plot new and inventive ways to make widow and widowers of the spouses of instructors :ok:

Good Luck choosing