PDA

View Full Version : Best choice...? (California school)

eimin
14th Jun 2010, 16:16
Hi all,

I'm a frozen jaa atpl pilot from spain.

you all know how catastrophic the situation is...so it's hard to make the best choice in your life, even more when things go wrong anywhere...

That's why I arrived to a conclusion...I need to improve my english, and above all my skills as pilot... And, the conclusion finally says me that I have to get both licenses, the european and the american.

So I want to go to America, more exactly to California, in order to fly in there and obtain the ME and IR FAA licenses.

I've been looking at several schools. Finally the three that I have replied and have very similar prices are ATP, National Air College (both in San Diego) and Angel City Flyers (Long Beach).

Right now I'm confused ... which one is best? which is the one you think will offer better conditions?

In short, advise if you have some reference or information. Because even though I try to find information online, I get complicated from Spain.

Finally, thank you very much in advance ;)

Good luck to all

greetings

kilerio
15th Jun 2010, 02:38
Hi mate!!

I am happy you decide to go to the USA to study, youīll definitely impruve a lot your English and sharpen your flight skills...

By the way!! your english doesnīt read so bad, I bet you actually can speak better English that you think you do...:)

I am from Spain too, and I decided to do the same but the other way around, I have started my FAA licence first and sometime this year Iīll begin my JAA conversion course, that way I save quite a lot of money!!

Well, straight to the point!!! I write you just to recommend the school which I am doing my training with, it has the cheapest prices in California and I think it is also ones of the cheapest in the US... also you can pay as you fly (no money in advance required), and plenty availability of airplanes and helicopters, also you donīt need to rent a car (cheap appartaments at the airport)...

I like the school because of the familiar environment, there is no foreigners (all people are local americans), and I like the policy of the school only if you fly they make money, so they keep you all the time bussy up in the air... I always say, time is gold, I donīt like waist my time...!!!

And finally, well I donīt like to mention schoolīs names on the internet coz someone may think I am advertising the school, but if you are interested you are very welcome to write me to this email, so I can answer to all your questions (apostilla, time building, visa??, etc..) and of course give you the website and the contact number so you can speak directly to them...

[email protected]

I wish you all the best with your training!!!:}

BHenderson
15th Jun 2010, 23:42
Thumbs up for Angel City Flyers.

eimin
18th Jun 2010, 09:54
Thank you very much for your answers.

I wrote to Angel city flyers, all people have good words to them...

And how about American Aviation Academy? What do you think about that school? :ok:

Thanks in advance!

happy landings!

BigGrecian
18th Jun 2010, 17:45
See : About American Aviation Academy visa fraud (http://www.pprune.org/professional-pilot-training-includes-ground-studies/416289-ice-busts-california-flight-school-massive-visa-fraud-scheme.html?highlight=ICE+busts+visa)

Doesn't speak much for the professionalism of such an outfit.

Muddy Boots
19th Jun 2010, 23:16
I know the company was bought out a couple of years ago. Chris and Andy stopped running the place back then. You tend to sell a company with the phone number and web page intact otherwise what's the point in buying something rather than start a fresh?

B2N2
20th Jun 2010, 14:07
there is no foreigners (all people are local americans)
So no other foreign students?
Are you sure the school is SEVIS approved for the training of foreign students?

http://www.pprune.org/professional-pilot-training-includes-ground-studies/418519-m1-visa-no-visa-sevis-approved-schools-usa.html