PDA

View Full Version : Sad News from West Aussie..

flopter
13th Jun 2010, 13:19
Man dies in mustering helicopter crash in Western Australia Perth Now (http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/breaking-news/man-dies-in-mustering-helicopter-crash-in-western-australia/story-e6frg12u-1225879147295) :(

A 23-year-old pilot has died after his mustering helicopter crashed in Western Australia's remote Kimberley region.

Police said the Halls Creek man, whose name has not been released, was mustering cattle on Lone Eagle Station, near Mt Barnett, when his Robinson R22 helicopter crashed at about 2pm (WST) today.

Mt Barnett is on the Gibb River Rd, about half-way between Derby and Wyndham, in WA's far north.

A second helicopter, working with the pilot, landed at the crash site and confirmed the young man had been killed.

Police said officers would investigate the cause of the crash but it would take four hours to reach the remote site

bell222
13th Jun 2010, 19:07
It is a sad sad day when a pilot or dies:(:{

topendhighflyer
14th Jun 2010, 01:53
RIP mate, it was good to know you, and we're all gonna miss you.

chopperpug
14th Jun 2010, 02:36
Very sad news indeed. I know a few of the boys from Lone Eagle, but am not in that area anymore. I know either way it doesnt make a difference exactly who it is, its still a tragedy, but can someone please PM the initials or name if they know? I don't want to hassle the boys up there at the moment... hard times for all up there, my condolences to all involved....

topendhighflyer
14th Jun 2010, 03:30
Chopperpug I PM'd you his name.