PDA

View Full Version : Robinson 44 & LongRanger Tiedowns?

SA Aviator
12th Jun 2010, 12:33
Hi everyone. I work with the Robinson 44's, JetRangers and a LongRanger. I am in need of some help on tying down the Robo and the Longy. The 44 blade tie downs are tricky with not being able to pull the blades down but obviously to tie it down you have to take up the slack in the tie down. Obviously you attach the the front blade to the supplied slot but the back blade? Also the LongRanger... I know the LongRanger tiedown attaches around the horizontal stabiliser but where should the tail rotor tie down technically be tied to. We have just been tying it around the tail boom? Would appreciate the help if anyone knows? There's nothing in the manual? ( I don't think?) :ooh:

tony 1969
12th Jun 2010, 13:08
R44 rear blade tie, twice around the tail boom one turn in front, the other behind the forward attachment point of the stinger. If you have no steps available climb up to the mast and lift rear blade (its a good workout too)

Pat Cox
12th Jun 2010, 16:44
Ask your engineer for a copy of R44 Maintenance Manual Figure 1-5, Main Rotor Blade Tie-down Installation, on page 1.12 dated OCT 2006.