PDA

View Full Version : right time to join avaition industry..(please) help

dream2flyhigh
12th Jun 2010, 06:37
Hii all ,
This is my first post ...for past few months i have been visiting this forum and only thing that came into my mind after reading posts is to go for any industry except Avaition especially for flying...
I hope you experienced guys out here willl prove me wrong...

I am a resisdence of delhi,india ..having 7 years of industrial experience in automotive...after my 4-yrs engineering in 2002 n am at an age of 30 years.
Now i really want to know the feasibilty for me to change my career direction towards flying at this age.
Kindly help me regarding following points...
1.How much it cost to get a CPL ,ATPL & Type rating in india or abroad(as cpl is not enough to get a job in current scenerio).
I know even a type rating cannot assure a job n 1 need to be prepared for the situations (long wating time)mentally and financialy.
2.Age factor.
3.Which institute to choose in india .

I have been exploring scopes of aviation in future ,ups and downs of this industry for past few months..
It would be great help for me to take decision.
thanks in advance..

alphaadrian
12th Jun 2010, 19:57
Quote....I have been exploring scopes of aviation in future ,ups and downs of this industry for past few months..

What were the "ups"? I must have blinked and missed them!!

Alpha:ok:

TK-pilot
22nd Jun 2010, 19:05
Hi, this is actually my first post to, i am based in and just finished my training in the UK so my experience will not cover india but at least then you have one country covered.

I did an integrated training course at Oxford avaition academy giving me a multi engine CPL/IR and MCC and JOC training and it cost in full (this may have gone up slightly in the past 2 years) £67,500, this is pretty much the same for all integrated training courses at the 3 main treaining schools in the UK: OAA, Cabair and CTC (plus many i havnt mentioned) i dont know your finantial circumstances but i was able to fund the majority with a personal loan (bear in mind this was 2 years ago: pre recession).

The age factor does not exist as there was a 40 year old and a 36 year old on my course and not to sugarcoat it, no ones getting any younger; if you REALLY want to do it... then lets face it youll do it sooner or later, might as well be sooner.

Now as you know the industry is looking bad at the moment but the recovery has started on a minor scale in that some of the guys from my course have already got jobs, it may take a year or more to really recover but that means that if you start now youll be right in the middle of a period of growth when you finish in 16 months!

Hopefully this can help you get started, ive covered integrated training in the UK, now you just need to cover modular style training in the UK, then the rest of the world... :P but theres plenty of people on this site, ask them :)

Hope i helped in some way, good luck with everything bud,

TK