PDA

View Full Version : Monarch Question

onetwo07
11th Jun 2010, 16:49
Hello there - afraid this is a very mundane query, and might well be quite a daft one (have posted it twice as I didn't notice the 'Monarch' section at first).

Firstly (and most importantly): I have booked seats on MON7392 Manchester - Heraklion (Crete) on Friday 9th July through TravelRepublic.co.uk (via Olympic charters I think). However, I can't see hide nor hair of it on the internet, apart from historical flight codes MAN-HER, neither does it seem to show on Monarch's own website. I am slightly oncerned that I have somehow booked seats on a nonexistent flight... any ideas?!

On the basis that it does indeed exist, I was wondering if anyone knew which aircraft type was likely to operate the route?

Any responses would be much appreciated.

tubby linton
11th Jun 2010, 16:53
Tuesday is normally Crete day with flights to Heraklion and Souda,but your flight may be part of a short series that has not made it onto the web yet.

ryansf
11th Jun 2010, 17:15
I was worried that my recent MAN-HER flight wasn't appearing anywhere, not even in the Cosmos booking engine, but it did happen thankfully! I was on the A300, though it was a Tuesday so not sure about Friday.

TartinTon
11th Jun 2010, 17:24
Not all flights operated by Monarch appear on their website as their business is a mix of scheduled flying (ZB), servicing their own tour operators flying (Cosmos) and also acting as a supplier of third party aircraft to other companies. In the last case, these flights will never appear on the Monarch website as they have no seats to sell in their own right. It sounds like you're booked on one of these sold to Olympic Holidays (and possibly others) so they have retention of the whole inventory to sell as they desire.

OltonPete
11th Jun 2010, 17:24
onetwo07

I have picked it up on well known website but I am not going to incur
the mods wrath by posting the link as you can book from it.

It shows MON7392 departs Manchester 9/7/10 22.45 arrives back 05.45.

BHX has had a Heraklion for years on a Friday night and it is due out
tonight at 21.30.

I can't help with the aircraft type though, it is not as easy as BHX where
it is either a 321, 321 or a 321 in summer!!

Peter

im going in
11th Jun 2010, 17:31
The series starts on 02july and will be operated on a 321.

onetwo07
11th Jun 2010, 19:00
Cheers for those helpful responses - very much appreciated!