PDA

View Full Version : Certifying the EU hours in Canada

partisan
10th Jun 2010, 04:24
Hey guys,

I have started my initial PPL training in Canada and accomplished that in 2006 including Night rating. I then moved back to Europe where I have accomplished my Instructor rating single engine (in EU you can have an PPL instructor rating for PPL students only) and have accumulated about 1000 hrs TT in two years.
I moved back to Canada with my wife in 2008 and started to do my ME/IFR which is almost accomplished at this stage and I am finalizing my CPL as well.
In total I have about 1230 hrs TT, but I was a bit confused when I asked at my school in England to certify my hrs, they said that such thing doesn't exist in EU and that my log book is fine enough to prove that my hours are the actual hours flown.
Fair enough, coming to Canada and start applying for numerous jobs I only had certified my Canadian flying through various schools I went through, but my EU training doesn't have any certification in my private log book at all as they don't do that there for some reason.
I've read that your own log book is a legal document itself.True?
I would like to hear back from anyone with a similar situation as mine or anyone who knows a bit more about these regulations in these areas.
I have applied with Cathay so I want make sure i can satisfy their needs.

paco
10th Jun 2010, 05:00
Transport Canada will accept a statement from a notary public.

Phil