PDA

View Full Version : 757 MEL question footrest

wobblyprop
8th Jun 2010, 19:54
Has anyone experienced this before:

757, Pilots footrest, the ones below the map display, is missing. It isn't mentioned in the MEL at least not as footrest/foot rest etc. Is it a no go item or covered else where?

Thanks

mrmagooo
8th Jun 2010, 21:48
not typed on the 75 but sounds like a 120 day non airworthiness

KUMOOZ
8th Jun 2010, 22:19
I would imagine it will be covered in the section called 'common sense'

:ok:

captjns
9th Jun 2010, 02:27
Give Maintrol a call... collect of course.:)

NSEU
9th Jun 2010, 06:53
I'm sure some of our pilots would submit some kind of occupational health and safety report :}

cactusbusdrvr
13th Jun 2010, 06:21
If it is not in the MEL it may be in the CDL.

Also, since it is a 757, check the FRM manual for the FRM code. That will point you to the ATA number for the item which corresponds to the chapter in the MEL or CDL where it can be found..

Clear as mud, right?

Mstr Caution
14th Jun 2010, 10:30
In the aircraft I've flown, pilot's seat MEL's have read as follows:

Recline Function - Seat shall be upright
Lumbar Support Function - May be U/S
Armrest - May be U/S

And in all cases the seat function shall be classified as acceptable to the individual pilot.

However, no mention of footrests. I would suggest common sense applies as mentioned previously & the PIC's judgement as to whether to accept an aircraft as serviceable or otherwise.

muduckace
14th Jun 2010, 22:58
NEF item unless you claim it is a flight safety issue. Not in any MEL to my knowledge. You can allways mash your feet into the instruments in the case ....(it is not a footrest) of an emergency. and with today's fly by wire aircraft imput forces are not an issue.

Most likely NEF....

fire wall
15th Jun 2010, 00:21
The 757 MEL also does not list a missing wing as an acceptable deferred defect and you wont find it in the CDL.
Get it?

ggofpac
15th Jun 2010, 02:25
Is it a no go item or covered else where?

Its a go. PLease Refer to this Check the 'Preamble to the MEL' at the beginning of the MEL, it says in there somewhere that the MEL and CDL cannot possibly list every single component on the aircraft and that items that clearly have no airworthiness implications may be deferred even if not mentioned in either document.....

and like he said covered in the section called 'common sense'

In short if its not covered in MEL/CDL and IF its NOT important ( i.e not a safety issue eg. no engine, no wings etc), u go with it. The engineers should put the defect under NON-MEL related items for deferred repair.

Hope it helps.

muduckace
15th Jun 2010, 04:13
The 757 MEL also does not list a missing wing as an acceptable deferred defect and you wont find it in the CDL.
Get it?

Sorry but I have to, outside of mel and nef are items that are pretty well defined by maintenance publications and others as essential for flight... EG primary structure etc...

A pilot convience item is hardly required for flight, depending on airframe if the "footrest's" were required to overcome a flight control input depending on aircraft they would be defined as essential for flight.