PDA

View Full Version : Asthma

hazard
15th Nov 2000, 00:28
I am making preliminary inquiries regarding asthma and how it would affect pilot medical certificates. A number of years ago I went through a period where I would have bouts of difficult breathing, esp. when trying to sleep. Recently, these problems have reappeared. I am trying to determine whether they have been brought on by allergies or medication or weather changes or something else. If anyone has had experience or has knowledge of asthma's implication to pilots, I would be very greatful for any insight.

Cheers

hazard
15th Nov 2000, 00:43
Well I have to reply to my own thread....
After using the "Search" function, (which I should have initially) I found that this topic has been thoroughly discussed in a very complete and cognizant manner. So don't feel you need to respond unless you have a new or unique take on the topic.

Thanks all !!!

Eddy must fly
15th Nov 2000, 20:55
I had mild asthma only used inhalers when i did sport. I was introduced to Yamoa Powder, unbelievable stuff. It costs about £20, mix it with a jar of honey. I was concerned about going for a class 1 med so I phoned the CAA and they said it wouldn't be a problem unless you've been hospitalized. Just as long as it is controlled.

If you have any questions please dont hesitate to ask me [email protected]