PDA

View Full Version : Instrument Ground instructor Test

morriskav8
7th Jun 2010, 02:07
Could anyone recommend a study program/course that is best for preparing for the Instrument Ground Instructor? It has been several years since I took the instrument written and would like to now add the Instrument Ground Instructor as a rating. I have looked at Dauntless and Preparetotest.com and am still loking but was wondering if anyone out there is actively reviewing material for this test. I am also looking to add the Advanced Ground Instructor and would like to have some help on what course is best for that as well.

In years past I took the ATP and Flight Engineer written with sheppardair.com and really enjoyed that program. I was hoping to find something similiar.

Many Thanks,
Morriskav8

kaptene
7th Jun 2010, 11:25
For the IGI (Instrument rating ground instructor), you have just to study your Instument written again, it is exactly the same written than the IGI. you can refresh your memory by studying the written exam of the Instrument rating (just take the Jeppesen written preparation or the ASA prep test, it helps)

for the AGI, you have to study more , :ugh:, but also, bear in mind that you have to take the FOI (fundamentals of instructing) before be able to each ;(
hope that helps ;=)

morriskav8
7th Jun 2010, 18:41
Thanks. I was wondering what program someone could recvommend to reduce study time. Is there a computer program or download that streamlines the material for IGI and AGI writtens. I hate to study 1000 plus questions when only 300 or 400 are the ones the typically ask.

Maybe I should quite whinning and just study all the questions

kaptene
8th Jun 2010, 09:52
For the IGI, if your instument knowliedge is still fresh, just use some free online pilot exams.
Pilot Practice Page (http://www.exams4pilots.org)
http://www.webexams.com/exam

For the AGI, I guess you will need to study hard if you need to pass it. It contains most of the commercial written, but even you will need to check some other topics...Hope that helps !

morriskav8
10th Jun 2010, 12:20
I am already halfway or so into the test material. Shoud be taking them both by next week sometime. Thanks for the info.

Morriskav8