PDA

View Full Version : a bank that gives loans to finish the CPL/IR

wire12
6th Jun 2010, 23:19
does any one know the name of the bank in the UK that gives loans to people to finish the CPL/IR.

You have to have a PPL and have all your ATPL exams done.

I read it on PPRuNe a few months ago but I cant remember the name of the bank.

Many thanks
wire12

scottiedogg
8th Jun 2010, 09:35
Wire 12,

I believe HSBC are still quite flexible with Professional Studies loans that may be enough to get your training finished off.

Best Regards
Scott

Duchess_Driver
8th Jun 2010, 09:50
Probably better off in the "Wannabes" forum? More people in a similar situation.

Nearly There
8th Jun 2010, 10:29
http://www.pprune.org/professional-pilot-training-includes-ground-studies/417407-bank-gives-loans-finish-cpl-ir.html

It is already there DD.

S-Works
8th Jun 2010, 12:22
With all respect, why on earth would you want to saddle yourself with debt for training towards a job where there is no work and a queue 100 miles long in front of you in one of the worst economies in decades that looks like it is about to get a whole lot worse..........

BEagle
10th Jun 2010, 15:04
Harsh, bose-x, harsh......

....but 100% on the button, I agree.

A great shame for the future of the industry. Airlines should be forced to select their trainee pilots and cover the cost of their training, subject to certain guaranteed return of service.

Pull what
10th Jun 2010, 16:32
Airlines should be forced to select their trainee pilots and cover the cost of their training, subject to certain guaranteed return of service.
Airlines used to until pilots jumped ship as soon as they got the type rating.

Ryan5252
10th Jun 2010, 19:28
Things will continue to plummet for this decade at least. As long as there are pilot's out there willing to drown themselves in debt to sit in the right hand seat for peanuts, Airlines will (rightly or wrongly) continue to use this to their advantage. Perhaps when people stop paying through the nose to fly the heavy iron things may change. :ugh:

As for me, I expect to be paid what I earn. Nothing more and certainly nothing less. Until such times as this industry wakens up, give me a SEP and patch of blue sky and I am content :ok:

charliegolf
10th Jun 2010, 20:04
Until such times as this industry wakens up, give me a SEP and patch of blue sky and I am content

Ryan, I'm at a loss to work out (since these kids need a shedfull of hours anyway so as to 'unfreeze' their ATPL) why they don't do it that way round. Than do the licence at the right time.

CG

Vortex Thing
20th Jun 2010, 15:06
I think the Bank of Mater & Pater is one of Oxford and Cabairs favourites as the moment.

Otherwise the industry may be driven down the route of actually assessing candidates based on their ability and paying for their training. You can imagine what that would do the industry eh....

I mean who would pay for the drinks at the Gentleman's Club on Pall Mall if the profits slip a few million. Don't be so selfish...

I suggest you nip down to the above bank preferably Knightsbridge Branch in your Range Rover Sport HSE or demonstrate your dedication to getting into this rewarding life by prostituting out the other half getting the household pets out to do tricks and then giving the family false hope for a few years whilst you earn £500 pcm as an FI and if you are lucky enough to be touched by Flybe or similar then maybe just maybe you will earn more than the guy in your class at school who didn't do very well at school and now drives a white van on M25 purely for the purpose of annoying the other guys in their Range Rover Sport HSEs trying to get to the bank of mater and pater.....:E