PDA

View Full Version : Manchester to Calgary ?

J4CKO99
5th Jun 2010, 22:06
Got to travel with work on the 12th of July, have ascertained Air Canada and BA do this destination from LHR but I would prefer to go from Manchester if possible, apparently Thomas Cook do this and also Air Transat but I am thinking after my Monarch flight last night Charter Airlines might have the minimal seat pitch and I cant face ten hours or so of not being able to move, Delta to ATL as just about teolerable but Monarch to Bodrum I just dont fit in, So, are the Long Haul Thomas Cook and Transat Planes configured with the seats basically up against each other like Monarch our are they a bit more generous considering you are on so long ?

Will see if work will pay for Premium Economy on BA which would be great, or is there a way to get a guaranteed bit of extra room, always seems a shame to have a toddler or a 5 ft person in a bulkhead seat being able to stretch when there are loads of taller than average people cooped up painfully.

I got a bulkhead first time I went, our friend was still there then and may dad had a word, I got called up expecting an upgrade and got a bulkhead, better but being a bit greedy I was disspaointed when I didnt get Business, he isnt there any more so on my own !

jubilee
6th Jun 2010, 10:56
TCK flight,I think all the Canadian flights have a generous 35" seat pitch.
Jubilee

Dazbo5
6th Jun 2010, 15:48
On routes operated by the 187 seat 752 (Toronto), they have good seat pitch. However if it's to Calgary (TCX031K/l or 034K/L), it'll be an A332 in the Canadian Affair configuration, ie the 354 seat old long haul with 30" in economy not the 323 seat long haul aircraft with 33" seat pitch. you'll find lots of aircraft information on Holiday Truths: What Aircraft? guide (http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=47950).

Darren

J4CKO99
6th Jun 2010, 18:17
Cheers, so even though its only 30 that is not as bad as 28 with the wire from the seat pocket bulging out !

Based on your website Dazbo, the Monarch we went on was 28 as I thought, is that the lowest pitch there is, surely nobody can get away with anything less than that apart from some far eastern internal flights ?

Dazbo5
7th Jun 2010, 20:42
It depends where you were flying to and on what aircraft type. There are legal limits for seat pitch, of which all airlines adhere to.

Darren

johnoWhiskyX
7th Jun 2010, 21:57
If the planes are the same with Thomas Cook for MAN-CAL as MAN-LAS then i think you will be very surprised.
Flew with BMI MAN-LAS and was cramped. Flown 3 times MAN-LAS with TCX and lots more room. If there is a premium cabin option with Thomas Cook im not sure its worth it..pitch is the same jst very slightly wider seats (hardly noticeable) but fast boarding and express outbound through security and personal touches from CC inflight.

From memory i would say thomas cook have just as much room as BA.
of course all is dependant on plane type.

J4CKO99
7th Jun 2010, 22:16
Cheers, put the request form in for Thomas Cook from Man, seemed a reasonable price, the premium option was only available on the way out so went for that, better than travelling to Heathrow first.