PDA

View Full Version : Merged:Ramp Controller - Flight Despatcher Qualifications

agentfred
5th Jun 2010, 09:43
Hello, my name is Alfredo and I'm 22 years old.

Before asking you some questions, I believe I need to provide some personal information, seeing as my personal situation is particular.

I am a citizen from Italy and regarding my education in aeronautics, I graduated and gained my diploma from an Aeronautical technical institute. Currently, I'm employed at Verona airport (lipx) as a Ramp agent, after many internal courses and training.
I'm coming in Australia in the next year holding a permanent resident visa.
Here in Italy we don't have a ramp agent qualification,because is not necessary by law, instead we are put through an internal course of weight and balance and the ramp agent course provided by a certificated teacher.

Our training consists of: safety and security course, air side drive licence, weight and balance course, engine start-up headset, push back, etc.
All of these courses are provided from my handling company and are not officially recognized from other handlers.
I know that in England for example, Ramp agents are certified from the aviation authority, and I would like to know how the system works in Australia.

I was just wondering if my qualifications and my diploma are recognized by the Australian Civil Aviation Authority, and if my skills would be at a level high enough to be able to apply for a ramp agent position in Melbourne Airport in one of the handling companies .

I'd really appreciate any type of response or clarification about the subject, as I believe that the system between Europe and Australia is different, and gaining information regarding this subject is difficult from overseas.

I'd be more than happy to answer any questions regarding my employment situation or general details, if this would help you in answering my queries.

In any case, I thank you for your time and I await your response.

Yours sincerely,

Fred.

FRQ Charlie Bravo
5th Jun 2010, 10:51
What the?

FRQ CB

hardNfast
5th Jun 2010, 11:25
You'll be right mate

Eastwest Loco
5th Jun 2010, 11:26
Heaps of jobs here Alfredo, but first you have to serve an apprenticeship in Padang Indonesia doing load control on fishing boats full of would-be immigrants. :sad::yuk:

It is sort of a negative to what you do on ramp. The more boats that are lost with all on board, the better you did your job. Go for it - Australia needs you!

I could have been more caustic, but a fellow loco? Nah - not happening.

Best of luck mate. Hope it all works out.

EWL

Arnold E
5th Jun 2010, 11:52
WTF, why did you blokes answer that question in such a manner? If you didnt have anything constructive to say, why say anything?:confused:

training wheels
5th Jun 2010, 12:08
Yep, agree with Arnold .. so many DH's here sometimes.

Fred, you don't need a license to be a dispatcher in Australia, just like Italy I guess.

Keep an eye out on the Qantas Careers (http://www.careers.qantas.com.au/careers-frame.aspx?section=job_search&subsection=) website; they recently advertised for dispatcher jobs.

Good luck.

tail wheel
5th Jun 2010, 20:47
Fred. There is no formal license to be an airport ramp agent or despatcher in Australia. Your Diploma may be "viewed favourably" by an empoloyer in Australia but will not be recognised as a formal qualification.

This is also not an appropriate forum for employment inquiries.

agentfred
5th Jun 2010, 21:24
Hi guys, this is the second time i post this, I hope i can clarify my question in hope of receiving only serious answers.

just to clarify, this is not an attempt at gaining employment, only a couple of questions i was hoping that professionals in my same field might be able to answer.

I'm in a bit of particular situation, and was looking for info from anyone that works as a ramp agent (or australian equivelant), or in general someone that thinks they may have any useful answers.

I am a citizen from Italy and regarding my education in aeronautics, I graduated and gained my diploma from an Aeronautical technical institute. Currently, I'm employed at Verona airport (lipx) as a Ramp agent, after many internal courses and training.
I'm coming in Australia in the next year, and yes guys, i'll be holding a permanent resident visa.
Here in Italy there's no ramp agent qualification, because it's not a legal/airport requirement. Basically, instead we are put through an internal course of weight and balance and the ramp agent course provided by a certificated teacher.

Our training consists of: safety and security course, air side drive licence, weight and balance course, engine start-up headset, push back, etc.
All of these courses are provided from my handling company and are not officially recognized from other handlers.
I know that in England for example, Ramp agents are certified from the aviation authority, and I would like to know how the system works in Australia.
(what traning/course/qualifications are needed to apply for this position etc...)

The reason i'm telling my life story basically is because,
I need to know if my qualifications and my diploma are recognized by the Australian Civil Aviation Authority, and if my skills would be at a level high enough to be able to apply for a ramp agent position in Melbourne Airport in one of the handling companies .

I'd really appreciate any type of response or clarification about the subject, as I believe that the system between Europe and Australia is different, and gaining information regarding this subject is difficult from overseas, and answers are often vague.

If anyone out there has any constructive information to share, i'd be greatful to hear any responses.
Thanks.
Fred.

aerocom
6th Jun 2010, 00:30
There used to be a company, may still be there in Sydney that handled FBO stuff for Execujet I think they were called Universal. They were a worldwide organisation and as such they may be able to help with your questions. Try doing a search with Google for them.