PDA

View Full Version : Bells, Whistles and Shiny Baubles - cadet and traineeships

AllInGoodTime
5th Jun 2010, 09:41
Hi All

Are all these cadetships and traineeships just bells, whistles and shiny baubles that dazzle the desperate aviator, longing to brag to the ladies that I'M A JET PILOT, (what a great song). But are you signing your short to medium term life (financially at least) away to an uncertain and only where "vacancy's exist future".

Or are they the way of the future, and maybe would have been a great thing to have 20+ years ago when some of us were trying to start out.

Lets keep it clean so the mods dont shut me down..

In a nut shell, Cadetships/Traineeships on this scale good, bad or a great money spinner, that might damage some young pilots careers and bank balances?

arnellis
5th Jun 2010, 12:06
My biggest concern is that all of us who are currently in GA are going to run out of methods of getting into an airline.. This cadet trend is soaring, Rex, Qlink, Skippers all have been taking them, now the larger carriers,its going to start getting very competitive for us GA guys to get Jet/Turboprop direct entry gigs when that time comes.

Just hope that the decision to go GA does not bite us!

eocvictim
5th Jun 2010, 12:42
arnellis, I wouldn't worry about that. While it may be a deminished intake I think there will always be place for DE crews.

The biggest concern is if you do want that jet job whether its worth having.

Tidbinbilla
6th Jun 2010, 01:23
There's already another thread running in a similar vein.

Please continue this discussion there.

TID